ORU-W Ill game thread

jmg1984

And, Western Illinois still wins the award for the most CLASSLESS coaching staff at ANY instituion in the conference, men or women.

And, they still have never been to the NCAA tourney, 10+ years into their regime. LMAO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And, Western Illinois still wins the award for the most CLASSLESS coaching staff at ANY instituion in the conference, men or women.

And, they still have never been to the NCAA tourney, 10+ years into their regime. LMAO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

For the four years of the Mid-Con/Summit League tournament in Tulsa, as teams hosts my family had a close relationship with the WIU women's coaching staff, and they couldn't have been nicer.  I've seen them during games, and I know that they are intense - it's just too bad that they leave a bad taste when they come to ORU (and probably elsewhere).

How many years were they the massive favorite to win the tournament - and did not? There is a lesson there for SDSU.....

For the four years of the Mid-Con/Summit League tournament in Tulsa, as teams hosts my family had a close relationship with the WIU women's coaching staff, and they couldn't have been nicer.  I've seen them during games, and I know that they are intense - it's just too bad that they leave a bad taste when they come to ORU (and probably elsewhere).

Most people I've ever met in a relaxed social setting "seem" like nice people. When a person is faced with adversity or put into a difficult situation, their TRUE COLORS show.

Sports don't build character, sports REVEAL character is one of the truest statements ever made.

When the WIU assistant coach runs over to the ORU huddle during a timeout, jumping around and SCREAMING DOWN/CUSSING OUT a 21 year old female college kid, you see what that person is made of....And it's not his first time. He is the same guy who confronted Claudia Louis in the hallway of the UMAC a few years back...bringing her to tears and basically challenging her to a fist fight.

Classless. And, very lucky that I am not a coach on the ORU bench. Very lucky for him...

Most people I've ever met in a relaxed social setting "seem" like nice people. When a person is faced with adversity or put into a difficult situation, their TRUE COLORS show.

Sports don't build character, sports REVEAL character is one of the truest statements ever made.

When the WIU assistant coach runs over to the ORU huddle during a timeout, jumping around and SCREAMING DOWN/CUSSING OUT a 21 year old female college kid, you see what that person is made of....And it's not his first time. He is the same guy who confronted Claudia Louis in the hallway of the UMAC a few years back...bringing her to tears and basically challenging her to a fist fight.

Classless. And, very lucky that I am not a coach on the ORU bench. Very lucky for him...

I know exactly who you mean, voice, and in a more relaxed environment he seems like a nice guy.

I kind of hate to say this, because she was always very nice with our family and to my boys, but I think that sort of behavior begins at the top, and Leslie Craine creates an environment that nurtures that kind of behavior.  I'll never forget the time that one of the Western players was frustrated by a foul call or something and kicked the scorers table on the way off the court, which broke the rotating advertisement mechanism on the front of the table.  That was another ugly display of attitude that left a negative feeling towards the team.  (My understanding is that ORU requested that WIU pay for the repairs, but received no response.)

How was that guy not T'd up for crossing out of the coaches' box, voice?

Yes, the DESTRUCTION of the scorer's table is just ANOTHER in the long line of examples. And, I agree with your point about attitudes trickling down from the top. EXACTLY CORRECT in this case.

I have no idea why he wasn't IMMEDIATELY T-ed up by the refs. No reason why he shouldn't heve been AT LEAST T-ed up. Really, should have been ejected.

Of course, why isn't Ron Hunter T-ed up when he is INCHES from an opposing player, right on the sideline, jumping & waiving his arms, while the ball is in play...basically becoming a 6th defender???

The ONLY aswer I can give is WEAK minded officials?

As a footnote...I need to check a NCAA rulebook. Hunter & Crane are NOTORIOUS (among some others), that just as an opposing player is about to release a free throw....SCREAM OUT ("rebound" or the like). I believe it is a "violation" for a player standing in the free throw to wave his arms or scream at the shooter. It would make sense the same would apply to a head coach. And really, if it is not a "violation", it is still just plain LAME & CLASSLESS, imho.