One Republic Playing on Friday Night of Homecoming 2009...

Mike Minyard

I think so... I don't think they sold enough tickets to even come close to what ORU had to pay to get them.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mike Minyard

• SOLO_Gold

• tmh8286

• ORU Eli

I think so... I don't think they sold enough tickets to even come close to what ORU had to pay to get them.

If that's true, I would hate to be the person in charge of promotions at the Mabee Center. This was a huge act and I literally saw no advertisement about the show outside of the ORU area.

Very sad. I know everyone works on a budget but this is ridiculous....

Well I can't say I didn't see advertising.  I saw/heard advertising on 106.9 and 92.1 the past two weeks.  106.9 was flooded the past two weekends with commercials and ticket giveaways.  It was almost annoying how much they promoted it.

The concert was promoted through alumni e-mails too.  I think the promotions by the alumni were too casual.  I think the university should have made it feel like it was a requirement for homecoming.

However, I think the homecoming numbers will be down.  I have nothing to base that off of, but I just don't have a good feeling about it.  Having it on V-Day weekend is terrible!

Students didn't know much about the concert, and many of them complained about the prices.  I think last week they finally started promoting it through hall meetings and such.

It's lame that more people didn't support it.

Well I can't say I didn't see advertising.  I saw/heard advertising on 106.9 and 92.1 the past two weeks.  106.9 was flooded the past two weekends with commercials and ticket giveaways.  It was almost annoying how much they promoted it.

The concert was promoted through alumni e-mails too.  I think the promotions by the alumni were too casual.  I think the university should have made it feel like it was a requirement for homecoming.

However, I think the homecoming numbers will be down.  I have nothing to base that off of, but I just don't have a good feeling about it.  Having it on V-Day weekend is terrible!

Students didn't know much about the concert, and many of them complained about the prices.  I think last week they finally started promoting it through hall meetings and such.

Good points.

if the championship comes down to the winner of the NDSU/ORU game, how big a crowd do you think you'll get?  it would be great to see the mabee center near capacity.

I'll have to start another thread about the ticket sales for the NDSU game.  The goal is to get a near capacity crowd, and I think it will be doable.

May have been said elsewhere, but TU and OU are away that night - only OSU is playing at home.  That may help with our numbers that night.

May have been said elsewhere, but TU and OU are away that night - only OSU is playing at home.  That may help with our numbers that night.

OSU and OU women have their bedlam game in Norman that afternoon.

Do you think that that game would draw many away that would otherwise come to an ORU game in the evening?  I wouldn't THINK it would . . .

Depends on the hype of the game.  Last game in Tulsa for ORU and could be for first place. 

Do you think that that game would draw many away that would otherwise come to an ORU game in the evening?  I wouldn't THINK it would . . .

It's not that ticket buyers are going to choose them over us... It's that they may choose to burn their two or three hours of free time in front of the tube instead of going to the Mabee Center.

It happened last year with BracketBuster.  Most of the casual basketball fans stayed home to watch games on television.