? fo old titan

Grizz

? for old Titan......why would you think the Oakland game would be an easy win. We finished third last year ( ahead of NDSU) with an injured Kangas, have all starters back and a healthy Kangas but lost all league player Nelson to injury....have the best rpi in the league (96) by 80 spots, have played a very hard non league schedule (only team in league to have 10 wins, IUPUI has 9 but 3 against non-d1) considering the year before we finished second and led ORU the whole championship game until Tutt hit that shot with 20 seconds to go.....just seems to me you show a lack of respect for a pretty good program. You know in 9 years in D-1 Kampe has been the National D-1 Coach of the year and 3 times he has been the league coach of the year so why you might not think much of him many many people do. I was very surprised by your statement

TheEagleman agrees with OT this time...can't wait to watch our boys kick some Grizzly A$$ next Saturday night after we use IPFW for an or'doerve on Thursday........ :-D

I don't think anyone is going to overlook Oakland. It's far from a gimme game. They have shown that they can play with anyone. Yet, I too don't see them beating us at home, but I do see them keeping it close and giving the fans a great game.

Go back and look at my post in the thread "Conference Play".

The question was asked regarding the two schools, "Who's playing the better defense?"

I replied, "ORU, easily."

Never said ORU would WIN easily - but, for the record, I do think ORU will win this weekend by 7-to-10 points when the two teams meet in Tulsa.

By the way, ORU has played a pretty tough schedule, too - who in the Summit League hasn't??

I have plenty of respect for Oakland and Greg Kampe - I just think ORU's and Scott Sutton's philosophy of "defense wins championships" - along with the tandem of Lewis and Ford underneath against Benson - gives the Golden Eagles the advantage over the Grizzlies this season.

What Summit schools have played week schedules...IUPUI, Western Illinois and NDSU to name 3

Since you chose only to respond to my rhetorical question regarding "week" (sic.) schedules, while disregarding the rest of my post, I guess it's safe to assume you've conceded the point regarding your  "easy win" accusation.

Fine.  But, in a blatant attempt on my part to run up the score on your feeble effort at calling me out, here's a link to ANOTHER thread where I specifically said beating you guys would not be easy.  It's the fifth post down from the top:  Win & Loss Record

Don't be bringing that weak (week?) smack inside on the Ol' Titan - I'll throw it outta here.  :mrgreen:

I was just asking a question...I'm not a trash talker or looking for a fight, I thought I read where you said "I thought the two games this WEEK were going to be easy" and I was surprised by that. I think if you look at my other posts they are meant to be thoughtful or informative. And yes when I saw I wrote (week) I was pretty embarrassed and hoped that you would miss my mistake but I opened myself up for some jabs there didn't I. So go ahead, I deserve it.

For the record, I love Kampe, respect Oakland, and never expect an easy game from the Grizz.

In addition, Oakland has classy/knowledgable fans and is a credit to this conference. If every program was like ORU and Oakland, we'd have a heck of a league!

I think the growing rivalry between Oakland and ORU is good for the Summit League.

The league needs more high-profile rivalries, especially in the post-season tournament.

I like Kampe and will always remember his conversation with those of us on the baseline during the conference championship game when Pierre Dukes made his infamous shot. Oakland has worked hard to recruit and become better. Their recruiting class this year was arguably one of the best the league has seen in years.

This conference needs strong rivalries to build fan support - and Oakland (as well as IUPUI) provides that.

Don't be bringing that weak (week?) smack inside on the Ol' Titan - I'll throw it outta here.  :mrgreen:

Nobody in their right mind is going to smack talk you, OT :wink:!

I was just asking a question...I'm not a trash talker or looking for a fight, I thought I read where you said "I thought the two games this WEEK were going to be easy" and I was surprised by that. I think if you look at my other posts they are meant to be thoughtful or informative. And yes when I saw I wrote (week) I was pretty embarrassed and hoped that you would miss my mistake but I opened myself up for some jabs there didn't I. So go ahead, I deserve it.

Now, how are we supposed to build any kind of hot-blooded rivalry when you go acting all nice??

Based on previous history, especially in the conference tournament, Oakland vs. ORU is a natural candidate for "Best Rivalry" in the Summit League.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least for the two schools to split in the regular season, finish in the top four of the league, then stage a battle for the ages in the semi's or finals in Sioux Falls.

However, Grizz....TheEagleman IS a trash talker and always looking for a fight....While I do respect Oakland and Coach Kampe...still think we will be ready to kick some butt both Thursday and Saturday nights at Mabee.....go big blue!..... :-D