Ladies vs OSU

MrsSmith

Final score 58-48, OSU.  Game was much closer than final score appears.  Score was tied at 46.  I really felt officials handed over game the last five minutes, after calling it pretty even up till then.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tmh8286

• ORUalum

• Mike Minyard

• theeagleman5

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I've talked to Jerry about her, and he said she was just too injury plagued to want to continue playing.  Too bad.

...and Watman.  Two past conference tournament MVPs.

good point...i totally forgot about her going back to austrailia

Yeah, I've talked to Jerry about her, and he said she was just too injury plagued to want to continue playing.  Too bad.

can they red-shirt her and bring her back next year...or is she completely done w/basketball?

can they red-shirt her and bring her back next year...or is she completely done w/basketball?

My impression was, she's done.  He said that they left the door open for her to come back if she was interested, but I think ORU has moved on, and she'd likely be a bench player if she was to come back - if they'd take her back at all at this point.

Jerry in the post-game pointed out that they got 25 free throws, ORU four.  He said what I pointed out, that we weren't getting the calls at the end of the game. 

In spite of spite of struggling early, Janae Voelker still ended up with a double-double - 14 points, 13 rebounds.

Seems like ORU men and ladies always getting hosed by the officials...what's the deal?....think some of these guys have an ax to grind against a Christian school or is it just whining?....all i know is, I watch the men and we don't get many calls...and last night when there are 21 FTs for OSU and 4 for ORU....sorry, that's just a bit hard to swallow... :-P

Seems like ORU men and ladies always getting hosed by the officials...what's the deal?....think some of these guys have an ax to grind against a Christian school or is it just whining?....all i know is, I watch the men and we don't get many calls...and last night when there are 21 FTs for OSU and 4 for ORU....sorry, that's just a bit hard to swallow... :-P

I've got to quit whining about officiating - bad for the blood pressure, and just  makes me look like I'm all about sour grapes.  But the last five minutes of the game really were bad.  The game was called pretty evenly up until then.  Most of the time they didn't show replays of the fouls, but the one time they did, on the block called on Monah Pegorari, it was pitiful.  Monah moved over to the baseline, both feet were entirely set, her arms were straight up, and she was stock still.  That little guard of theirs, Andrea Riley, ran square into her mid-section, and they called it a block.  In reality, it wasn't even close.  There was absolutely no movement on Monah's part at the point of contact, but she was called for the foul.  Riley was awarded two of her fourteen free throws as a result.  That's just the way the last five minutes went.