• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tmh8286

• Old Titan

• drclean1

• Chevy Chase

I actually like that car..... is it an Opel?

I also thought the Rambler had a certain charm.

= babe magnet

OHHH, YEAHHHH!!!

I actually like that car..... is it an Opel?

I also thought the Rambler had a certain charm.

You know your cars, Terry!  It's a 1971 Opel Kadett, and mine had an 1100 cc engine in it, which is slightly smaller than Honda puts in it's motorcycles.  If I was going up more than a 3% grade my passengers had go get out and push.  One time when driving across Eastern Oregon, and hadn't seen any sign of another human being for a few hours, I decided to see what she'd do.  I put the pedal to the floor and wound her up - after about five minutes of pedal to the metal I got up to 80 MPH!  But hey, I could actually WORK on that car.  You could open the hood and see recognizable parts!  No computers, no "Check Engine Soon" light, and no emissions control parts.  Just your basic four cylinder, four cycle gas powered engine.

Those were the good old days :|.

I had a buddy that drove a Rambler for years.  When my cousin chastised him, and said that no girl would go out with him in that car, he replied that he didn't want any girl that was too good to ride in his Rambler.

His kids are almost grown now :wink: . . .

http://www.studenttrek.net/db3/00256/studenttrek.net/_uimages/1972ChevyNova.jpg

I had a Chevy Nova - and while it was nothing special under the hood, it was all tricked up in the sound department, with a Pioneer SuperTuner radio and cassette player, a Rockford-Fosgate amp, and Jensen Triaxial speakers in the back deck.

Used to blow 'em away on a Friday night at Pennington's Drive-In in Brookside.  8-)

http://www.studenttrek.net/db3/00256/studenttrek.net/_uimages/1972ChevyNova.jpg

I had a Chevy Nova - and while it was nothing special under the hood, it was all tricked up in the sound department, with a Pioneer SuperTuner radio and cassette player, a Rockford-Fosgate amp, and Jensen Triaxial speakers in the back deck.

Used to blow 'em away on a Friday night at Pennington's Drive-In in Brookside.  8-)

That's hilarious!  What year was your Nova?  After I got rid of the Opel I got a Nova - Mine was a '74 Nova SS.  It had a standard Chevy 350 engine, so it wasn't anything special under the hood either, but it had the SS stripes, it was jacked up in back and has chrome side pipes that were loud and looked sharp! 

I still love that body style, and wouldn't mind getting one again to ride around in on Sunday afternoons.

(sigh) I had 1962 ford falcon 4 door....what a car.

my friends all loved it (where o where did Freddie the flying falcon go?).....talk about a blast from the past...does any one know where I can get a photo of a 62 ford falcon? :-D

(sigh) I had 1962 ford falcon 4 door....what a car.

my friends all loved it (where o where did Freddie the flying falcon go?).....talk about a blast from the past...does any one know where I can get a photo of a 62 ford falcon? :-D

Sure!  That's easy.  Gimme somthin' harder!! :lol:

I read there were over 190,000 of those babies made in 1962 (the 4-door model alone!) so it's not surprising that it's easy to find pics of them.

1962_Ford_Falcon_4_door_fsv_2=KRM.jpg

62fordfalcon3.jpg

1962_Ford_Falcon.jpg

3036862_1_full.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-kULmEoIYE

sigh....you just made my day.  I bought my car for $250. 

What a deal! My dad bought a wrecked falcon station wagon for parts and for the next four years...what fun.

Thanks.... :-D

I've always thought the Falcon was a cool car - in its own way.

BTW, can we offically declare this thread as the definition of a tangent?

I've always thought the Falcon was a cool car - in its own way.

BTW, can we offically declare this thread as the definition of a tangent?

I've been thinking that this definitely falls under the definition of a threadjack :-D!!  But I figured it was okay because we've already spent more time talking about TU in this thread than any of us care to, right :wink:??

How can a thread on a message board titled "Free For All" be considered off-topic?

So, try this on for size:  I love lamp.  :-D

And I think TMH's Nova could have waxed mine:  I had one of the later model four door models that looked like I was on "Dragnet".

But my first car, sophomore year in high school?  A $900 dark green Oldsmobile Delta 88 hardtop that had been totaled and rebuilt - looked like the car from "The Green Hornet":

672512_66_full.jpg

Hey Terry - I did some checking - the Rambler was YET ANOTHER AMC creation!  Here's one like my friend drove - I think I side with my cousin - it's a wonder the guy ever got married.  This one has a much better paint job. 

It's a good thing that AMC was put out of it's misery.  No telling what their creations would be looking like by now:

1959_AMC_Rambler_sedan-whiteR.jpg

How can a thread on a message board titled "Free For All" be considered off-topic?

So, try this on for sale:  I love lamp.  :-D

And I think TMH's Nova could have waxed mine:  I had one of the later model four door models that looked like I was on "Dragnet".

But my first car, sophomore year in high school?  A $900 dark green Oldsmobile Delta 88 hardtop that had been totaled and rebuilt - looked like the car from "The Green Lantern":

672512_66_full.jpg

Oh, yeah!  Mine looked very much like this one, even the same color, except it was the SS model and said "SS" on the sides, and had black stripes on the hood and trunk.  Also had side pipes where the chrome running boards are on this model.  Those were the muscle car days, and even though it had a completely stock Chevy 350 engine in it, it came from the factory putting out 345 HP, and was REALLY fun to drive :wink:!

small.jpg

THIS JUST IN!!  ORUTerry reporting that his first car was a 1965 Volkswagon Beetle, with a SUN ROOF!  He says it was identical to this one.  Developing - more to come on this one:

1f1146138ZZZZZZZZZ8asdfb383e7003d1400.jpg

12114c13bZZZZZZZZZ8asdadc3eaf35d61ded.jpg

THIS JUST IN!!  ORUTerry reporting that his first car was a 1965 Volkswagon Beetle, with a SUN ROOF!  He says it was identical to this one.  Developing - more to come on this one:

1f1146138ZZZZZZZZZ8asdfb383e7003d1400.jpg

12114c13bZZZZZZZZZ8asdadc3eaf35d61ded.jpg

A VOLKSWAGON BUG??

I always suspected he was a closet tree-hugging pinko liberal.  :lol: 

Sweet!!  All I can say about that is - giddy-up . . .

I think the Pinto may have been the second most dangerous car made - the worst had to be the Chevy Corvair, the rear-engine death trap.  Ralph Nader first introduced himself to the American public back in 1965 by writing a book about the Corvair, entitled, "Unsafe at Any Speed".