• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tmh8286

• Old Titan

• Chevy Chase

• SOLO_Gold

It's "cool" when TU does it.  You just don't get it OT.  :wink:

Sorry, but whether you're in the Mabee Center or Chapman Stadium, a rainbow wig has NEVER been cool.  :mrgreen:

Hey I'm all about people with strong fanhood. We all know both schools could use more!

I'm not sure people with "feauxhawks" are qualified to comment on controversial hair styles.  :-D

The guy with the Dirty Sanchez 'stache in the far right of picture says it all about the TU student fan base.

Are we allowed to use the term "Dirty Sanchez" on this message board?

The guy with the Dirty Sanchez 'stache in the far right of picture says it all about the TU student fan base.

I don't think "nerdiness" is so much a TU student problem, or an ORU student problem, as much as it is a national epidemic.

I honestly think some of us are still cooler than a lot of people half our age.  At least, a lot of the stuff that we grew up with and continue to enjoy, has stood the test of time and is still popular today.

You could take our music, our movies, our books, our hair, and our clothes from 30 years ago and stack them up against anything "today's kids" are into.

Well, maybe not the hair...  8-)

I don't want to hear any more snide comments from 11th & Harvard about the Maniacs:

20081027_A1TUfans.jpg

The stache has withstood the test of time too...

tiny_sunny_golloway_mug.jpg

I don't think "nerdiness" is so much a TU student problem, or an ORU student problem, as much as it is a national epidemic.

I honestly think some of us are still cooler than a lot of people half our age.  At least, a lot of the stuff that we grew up with and continue to enjoy, has stood the test of time and is still popular today.

You could take our music, our movies, our books, our hair, and our clothes from 30 years ago and stack them up against anything "today's kids" are into.

Well, maybe not the hair...  8-)

Yeah, OT - we really knew how to dress back in the 70's . . .

leisuresuit.jpg

The leisure suit - two-pieces of double-knit polyester pleasure  :-) . . .

So now we've diverted this thread into a mustache thread.  Now accepting nominees for best 'staches.  How 'bout Kip of Napoleon Dynamite fame?

Yeah, OT - we really knew how to dress back in the 70's . . .

leisuresuit.jpg

The leisure suit - two-pieces of double-knit polyester pleasure  :-) . . .

Dude, I wouldn't be caught dead in a leisure suit - but I did have a puka shell necklace.  Looked great with my Sedgefield "window-pane" jeans, my silk "picture" shirt, and my Members Only jacket.  8-)

Seriously, I was a Pendleton flannel shirt, 501 Levi's and Dexter hiking boots guy - right off the Brawny Paper Towels wrapper.

Okay, Paul Bunyon or Brawny Man or whoever, did you take your dates out in a shiny AMC Pacer???  A car so ugly it put American Motors out of business???

Only in the 70's . . .

5-amc-pacer.jpg

Okay, Paul Bunyon or Brawny Man or whoever, did you take your dates out in a shiny AMC Pacer???  A car so ugly it put American Motors out of business???

Only in the 70's . . .

5-amc-pacer.jpg

No, but my girlfriend had a GREMLIN!

FLQ.JPG

Complete with the Levi's® denim interior!

int1.JPG

Sweet!!!  The Gremlin was a dandy!  Another AMC classic - small wonder they couldn't survive.

Here's a pic of wheels like I drove in the 70's, although mine was yellow, like the car in the background:

fs_opel_kadett__1965_1973_.jpg

I even had speakers in the back window, just like this car!