TU Football

Old Titan

Gold*

speaking of TU t-shirts...i looked online for a red TU t-shirt w/the block "TULSA" across the front (like the uniforms for the home operner).  any idea if they are available?

I haven't heard of anywhere selling those, though they probably should start.  The TU bookstore in ACAC is usually the best place to buy TU gear, but I haven't seen anything red for sale.  I'm getting a little tired of the red with all the fans wearing blue.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold*

• Old Titan

• ORUTerry

• Mike Minyard

But I bet you aren't tired of winning!  Coaches in general are a superstitious bunch, and I’d be willing to bet Graham will roll out in the reds several more times.

That's true.  It sounds like the players like them.  I just don't want us being confused for OU fans.  If Captain Cane (who is MIA this year) shows up in a covered wagon, I'm complaining!  :-D

Where is Captain Cane???  I didn't even notice until now.  I've been to two games and haven't seen him once.

Really?  A TU avatar???  I support TU football, and I'll be at the game tomorrow.... BUT A TU AVATAR ON THE ORU MESSAGE BOARD???

the avatar will change come basketball season...i always followed TU football when i lived in Tulsa.  i really think this could be TU's magical football season so i wanted to show some love, plus i like the red uni's.

I haven't heard of anywhere selling those, though they probably should start.  The TU bookstore in ACAC is usually the best place to buy TU gear, but I haven't seen anything red for sale.  I'm getting a little tired of the red with all the fans wearing blue.

thanks for the reply Gold*. i've never been a big fan of the TU blue.  i would think the school could make a mint selling red TU shirts especially if the team continues to wear the red uniforms at home.  they could put the nike swoosh on a red shirt w/the white "tulsa" block lettering and sell them for $20.

I don't know when the last time I saw a new style Nike shirt for 20 bucks... it would have to be another brand to be 20 bucks.  Nike shirts are now running $29.99 at most book stores I've visited.

I still think they would sell like crazy.

i buy a lot of college gear from rivalsfanshop. their nike shirts are $18.

FF_93077_l.jpg

unfortunately they do not have a big ORU selection.  i just got their ORU long sleeve basketball t-shirt for around $25 the other day.

Where is Captain Cane???  I didn't even notice until now.  I've been to two games and haven't seen him once.

Graham talked about this on the call in show.  Sounds like his six year old wore the costume for his birthday party and did some damage to the costume.  It will supposedly be back later in the season, after they make some repairs.  Graham made a comment like, "Believe it or not, it's kind of hard to find a replacement costume."  :-D

The funny thing to me is how many fans are complaining about him being gone and sticking up for him.  I even have a strange affinity for the "Michelin Man with jaundice."

• 2 weeks later...

I attended the TU vs. UTEP game Saturday evening with my son - as the guest of a friend (ORU Alum) who works at Alliance Resources. We were in the company suite - very nice setup. First time I have been back to Skelly (Chapman) since the renovations. They have done a very good job.

TU's offense is something to behold. They run the no huddle/hurry up offense to perfection... it keeps the defense on their heels. I attended the OSU game a few weeks ago and they run a similar offense - though I would say TU's is more organized and more frenetic. It helps to have a quarterback like Johnson and a fleet of good receivers.

The defense had trouble in the first quarter but settled down after that.

I can't believe that other schools won't make a major effort to come after Graham given what he has done at TU. I wonder if TU would consider promoting Malzan? If not, do you think Kragthorpe would consider returning?

I watched that game on TV - TU could conceivably have scored 100 points.  They really let up on the gas in the fourth quarter.

I sometimes wonder if Graham doesn't mind the other team scoring, as long as TU has a comfortable lead - one way or the other, he just wants the ball back as quick as possible.  After TU went up 49-28 with about 2:30 left in the first half, you could read his lips on the sidelines telling his defensive captain, "Let's get a three-and-out and get the ball and go score!"

At least when the other team is also scoring a bunch, you don't get accused of running up the score!

Hard not to watch the game on the big screen even when the action is going on right in front of you, eh, Terry?  As I told said alum, it's bigger and brighter than the real deal on the field!  TU now has a pretty sweet setup when it comes to football.  As the conversation was going in the car on our way to the game, even if Todd Graham is lured away before long, TU should have no difficulty in bringing in another quality up-and-comer with what they have to offer.  As this article points out, TU has been a stepping-stone in recent history, and if that were to continue, there should be no problem luring another quality coach in to pick up where Graham would leave off.  Time will tell.

We were hoping to see a score in the 80's, which could have been very easily accomplished, but I guess Graham didn't want to - uhh - run up the score  :roll:!  After three quarters of frenetic offense, through much of the fourth quarter they ran as much clock per play as they could, then ran the ball in a very predictable up-the-gut play every down.  Even doing that they nearly scored again!

I really think they'll all be back at least one more year.  Graham should follow the Kragthorpe example and instead wait for a really good job, like A&M.  Louisville has deeper issues, it turns out.  Malzahn, according to a blurb from Bill Haisten over the summer, is next in line.  That said, Malzahn is starting to get a lot of national press and NFL teams are adopting the Wildcat.

Some UTEP fan out there accused TU of running up the score.  With a defense like our's, we need to score as much as possible.  I get the impression the TU staff and the UTEP staff really don't get along.  Someone out there sent coaches to spy on our practices last year (they are closed now) and my guess is that it was UTEP -- that was the only game we lost that we should have won.

UCF will be a challenge, but their offense is poor.  They are missing 3/5 of their starting o-line from the beginning of the year.

I don't remember exactly when they started playing the second string, but I'm pretty sure they were in most of the fourth quarter, and they would run the play clock down to the last couple of seconds on every play, so, even though TU DID score eleven touchdowns you'd have a hard time making a strong case for running up the score.  As OT said, TU could have probably scored 100 points had they wanted to - or at least near 90.

Rice fans are definitely obnoxious, but that's because Rice is in Houston. Two areas of Texas that I would have no problem seceding - Houston and El Paso...and as long as it's up to me, throw in the Valley as well...except let us keep South Padre... :-D