ORU Women's Soccer at TU on Tuesday at 7 p.m.

Mike Minyard

ORU Women's Soccer at TU on Tuesday at 7 p.m.

Tickets are $6 for adults and $4 for youth.

TU's coach is former ORU coach Kyle Cussen.

Let's go beat the CRAP out of Kyle Cussen!

Traitor.

The thing that hacks me about him leaving, as I've said before, is that one of my son's female friends that had committed to play soccer for ORU is following him to TU.  I need all the help I can get persuading #2 son to go to ORU.  That didn't help a bit.

First Bill Self and now this guy?.....that's the worst going to a cross town rival....he IS a traitor......would love to see our girls beat the S%&*#T  out of TU!!!..... :-D

First Bill Self and now this guy?.....that's the worst going to a cross town rival....he IS a traitor......would love to see our girls beat the S%&*#T  out of TU!!!..... :-D

I'll play Devil's advocate for a minute, eagleman, even though I was just griping - the move to Tulsa meant significant financial benefits for Kyle - and his wife, Misty, continues to work at ORU as women's assistant basketball coach.

I understand Kyle's need to make the move - I just don't like it much :-(.

I'll play Devil's advocate for a minute, eagleman, even though I was just griping - the move to Tulsa meant significant financial benefits for Kyle - and his wife, Misty, continues to work at ORU as women's assistant basketball coach.

I understand Kyle's need to make the move - I just don't like it much :-(.

Let's see: double your salary, quadruple your recruiting budget, much better facility, much better conference, all this without having to move?

Yeah, hard to understand why he did it.

Kyle deserves the respect of ORU fans.  He was a quality coach for us, and really did a good job with our program.  The highlight was getting us to the NCAA Tournament for the first time a few years back.

With that said.... let's go beat up on TU tonight.

Kyle deserves the respect of ORU fans.  He was a quality coach for us, and really did a good job with our program.  The highlight was getting us to the NCAA Tournament for the first time a few years back.

I agree with all you guys are saying and I don't fault Kyle for moving a bit - that's why the devil's advocate post - but I stick by my original position, for the reason stated.

TheEagleman was just being his usual R- rated self....i certainly understand the man needing to take care of his family....it's just leaving for our arch rival TU is a punch to the gut.... :-P

A 2-2 tie is not too bad....sounded like an exciting game from what i read...any commentary from those in attendence?..... :-)

While neither team scored ORU dominated the 1st half.  ORU scored on a penalty kick early in the 2nd period the result of a foul being called in the box.  TU coach Kyle Cussen was not happy with the call and goal and drew a yellow card a few minutes later for being too vocal with the ref.  The ORU goal and yellow card inspired both teams as the play picked-up significantly.  ORU tired in the 2nd period (thin roster) but still played well.  All the scoring occured in the 2nd period in a 15 minute span for a 2-2 tie.

So...you are saying that kyle cussen was guilty of cussin'?.....no wonder he left ORU.... :-D

I see that the ladies got pounded twice last weekend vs. Texas Tech and Loyola/Marymount....were those teams just that much better?...what's the problem?..... :-(

My understanding that this is just a young team with a first time head coach.  Some ORU recruits went across town since Coach Cussen went to TU.  So I think we have to give it a little time.

Right now we don't have the greatest facilities for recruiting, but that will change soon.  We will start construction on the indoor facility later this year, and we are in the midst of soccer fundraising campaign to update the soccer field with permanent seating, press box, and fence.  It should be a good looking facility once we raise the money.

TheEagleman is glad to hear that facilities will be upgraded since he is a huge soccer fan....always loved the game while at ORU and had several friends on the team....can you tell me, MM.....is the goalie on the mens team any relation to my former nemesis....ass't dean of mean, Bill Techanchuk???...

TheEagleman is glad to hear that facilities will be upgraded since he is a huge soccer fan....always loved the game while at ORU and had several friends on the team....can you tell me, MM.....is the goalie on the mens team any relation to my former nemesis....ass't dean of mean, Bill Techanchuk???...

Bill's nephew - Doug's son

Thank goodness...theEagleman always liked Doug T....not a friend of mind but always seemed like a good guy....Bill on the other hand.....not one of my favorites.....the stories TheEagleman could tell.....a Jack Wallace bootlicker..... :-D