ORU releases men's basketball schedule

Section A

You're right - we'd stick out like a sore thumb.  Next.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Horizon_League_map.png

Yes we would Larry; kind of like Southern Utah and perhaps even the Dakota schools do now...at least in the Summit League UMKC and Centenary are in neighboring states so on a geographic map it doesn't look so bad...

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Golden Boy

• Old Titan

• LarryL

• tmh8286

Is this common place discussion for message boards all around the country?  Does there always have to be talk of movin' on up?  Are we really sure that the grass is greener? 

I know it's the off season and we don't have football to discuss but come on.  After 5 pages and 140+ replies, this topic has moved WAY beyond whether we are satisfied with the current season's schedule.  Don't get me wrong, I love reading the friendly banter between ORUBB & OT as much as any of us do, but we've went by Hoosiers, Sunny G. (& his daughter), schedule difficulties for NDSU, and now to wherever.  I would just like to see our athletic department do what they've been doing and continue to push the Summit League up and the other schools hopefully will follow in all sports. 

No, there isn't the flashy seat filling school name coming in every week during the season, but that's not going to be the case really ever unless we were in something like the MVC which we have a long way to go before anything like that would ever happen anyway.  All I'm really saying is that beyond glass half full or half empty, lets be thankful we're not still independent or NAIA and support the guys and gals to dominate our current league and be ready if anyone ever comes to us with an offer to make a jump.

Like OKCEagle said, please let the season get here soon.

Is this common place discussion for message boards all around the country?  Does there always have to be talk of movin' on up?  Are we really sure that the grass is greener? 

I know it's the off season and we don't have football to discuss but come on.  After 5 pages and 140+ replies, this topic has moved WAY beyond whether we are satisfied with the current season's schedule.  Don't get me wrong, I love reading the friendly banter between ORUBB & OT as much as any of us do, but we've went by Hoosiers, Sunny G. (& his daughter), schedule difficulties for NDSU, and now to wherever.  I would just like to see our athletic department do what they've been doing and continue to push the Summit League up and the other schools hopefully will follow in all sports. 

No, there isn't the flashy seat filling school name coming in every week during the season, but that's not going to be the case really ever unless we were in something like the MVC which we have a long way to go before anything like that would ever happen anyway.  All I'm really saying is that beyond glass half full or half empty, lets be thankful we're not still independent or NAIA and support the guys and gals to dominate our current league and be ready if anyone ever comes to us with an offer to make a jump.

Like OKCEagle said, please let the season get here soon.

The dog days of fall:

Could be made a whole lot worse -

Don't make me haiku!

:-D

The dog days of fall:

Could be made a whole lot worse -

Don't make me haiku!

:-D

I just got out my ORU Golden Eagles basketball shirt to run in tomorrow morning.

I'm ready!

Good thread

UALR left the TAC, which it owned, and has not been back to the NCAA tournament again.  Most of that league is now the A-Sun, I believe.

The move to the SBC got us sexy names like WKU, ULL and USA.  Trust me, outside of WKU none of those names sales tickets.  UALR, UNO and Denver would be better served to move to the Summit league than play in a football conference.

USA is starting a football team or I would throw them in on this.

Be happy where you are.  Out side of the SBC pushing out the non-football schools, which would force us to make or find a league, there are few options for the non-football schools.

Wonder if we could get UALR to replace Southern Utah? (Just have to find a place for the Thunderbirds to land....they want out of the league and the crazy travel they have to endure.) UALR would make a nice travel partner for Centenary and get the conference in another nice media market.

I would love replacing SUU with UALR.....excellent suggestion...and yes, LL....you are WAY too positive..... :-D

That would be an excellent move, if it could happen.  Would be one less trip to a far off destination.  UALR ould become a nice rivalry. Thanks Eagleman, I'll take that as a compliment. :-)

No problem, LL...it was meant as a complement....especially from a man like me who loves to stir the pot....I am really ready for some basketball....not sure i can last 2 more months....oh well, i will have to settle for watching USC and Ohio State tonight....it's either that or an endless search of the internet looking for those playboy pics of Sunny Galloway's daughter...... :-D