Andretti Bain... Olympic Silver Medalist!!!

ORU Big Brother

Congratulatoins to Andretti.  He certainly has represented himself well this year.  I hope Joe Dial is able ot leverage this in his recruiting - it sure can't hurt!!

Andretti Bain is a sure ORU Hall of Famer!!!!!....might as well schedule the induction ceremony now.......... 8-)

Andretti Bain is a sure ORU Hall of Famer!!!!!....might as well schedule the induction ceremony now.......... 8-)

Yes, he and Caleb Green should be inducted when their names show up on the ballots for the first time.

Bamahas wins silver behind USA. Andretti ran the lead leg!!!

When is the replay on NBC or one of the cable channels?  You would think that ORU's Media Relations would have already put out their press release on this Breaking News!  :-D

http://www.nbcolympics.com/tv_and_online_listings/zone=CT/day=15/network=1/tv.html?increment=147975

This doesn't really help too much, but they are replaying it between 6:30 and 11 tonight.  I haven't found anything that posts an exact time.

I hope you're right, Mike, but it doesn't actually say they'll be showing the men's 4x400m - it says the women's.  Surely they'll be showing the men, though, since it's a major event and the US took the gold medal. 

Okay, they just announced - both men's AND women's 4x400m tonight.  So we WILL get a chance to see Andretti on TV tonight.  Good deal! 

ORU got some love tonight on TV when they talked about Andretti's NCAA Championship!

I just have to say how much fun it is to watch an ORU athlete in the Olympics.

How AWESOME was it that, as the camera cut away from Andretti's introduction, NBC's Tom Hammond went out of his way to say that "Bain won that NCAA championship running for Oral Roberts".

It was almost like he didn't want to move on to the next team's intro without making that distinction.

For what it's worth, I'm sending him a "thank you" e-mail - he didn't have to say what he said, but he said it anyway, and for that we ORU fans should be very grateful.  :-D

(posted in Track and Field, too)

I felt like an Aggie betting on the replay while cheering Andretti on tonight!  Was great to see him and his team win the silver ... I'm anxious to see the metal!  And congrats to team USA for such a solid victory!

OT, I Tivo'd the race and have listened to Hammond mention Bain's winning the national championship running for Oral Roberts a couple of time - and also muted it so I could read it. It was very nice of Hammond to make that mention.

How AWESOME?!?  So happy for Andretti!  What an experience!  Amazing!  I'm so proud to be associated with ORU!

Congrats to our basketball team too!  Just stayed up to watch the game. Say what you will about Kobe, but he made me proud to be an American tonight!

I also  hear Hammond give ORU the plug when he mentioned Andretti leading off for Bahamas....love that Tom Hammond!!.... :-D