Andretti Bain Arrticle (The Bahama Journal) 6/16/08

Mike Minyard

Bain Completes NCAA 400m Double, Ready For Scotia Bank Olympic

By Bernard Newbold

Andretti 'Da Bahamian Dream' Bain became the second Bahamian in the history of the National Collegiate Athletic Association to win both the outdoor men's 400 meters and the indoor 400 meter titles in the same year.

On Saturday at the NCAA outdoor championships in Des Moines Iowa, Bain blazed down the backstretch and despite the strong windy conditions he led the field of eight from start to finish, and he brought his dream to life with a 44.62 clocking and the victory.

While at home during the Christmas break shortly after winning the indoor title Bain said one of his dreams was to win both the indoor and outdoor titles this year.

Full Story: http://www.jonesbahamas.com/?c=123&a=17419

Caribbean athletes dominate the sprints at NCAA Championships - Caribbean report

Published on Monday, June 16, 2008

By Gary Smith

Caribbean Net News Sports Correspondent

Email: gary@caribbeannetnews.com

Bain holds on for dear life

Meanwhile, the one lapper was also fruitful for the Caribbean with Bahamas' Bain striking gold with a gutsy run down the stretch.

Bain ran a strong race from start to finish in edging out Lionel Larry, who was also edged out by another Caribbean man, Ricardo Chambers for the title last year.

The Bahamian, running for Oral Roberts, clocked a personal best of 44.62 to beat Larry's 44.63 and LeJerald Betters (44.83) who also ran the same time as fourth place finisher Jordan Boase.

The win sees Bain cementing himself the only NCAA Champion in any individual sport at Oral Roberts, adding to his first title at the 2008 NCAA Indoor Track and Field Championship in Arkansas earlier this year.

"I just thank God for the win," Bain said afterwards. "I said I was going to take my race through the first 200m and asked God to bring me home, and that's what he did. All thanks to God."

Full Story: http://www.caribbeannetnews.com/news-8560--8-8--.html