• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ron

• golden girl

• tmh8286

• Mike Minyard

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to admire how the guys have battled back after a disastrous first inning.

Indeed. All they need is one more big rally. They've shown that they can do it!

Sooo close, but sooo far away! But nice rally by the Eagles. It has to give us a boost to hit their All-Americans the way we did!

Great game ORU!!

Your guys can really hit!

Can not remember anyone roughing up the cream of our staff like that.

Thanks.

Great effort ORU. 

Your guys didn't quit and showed a lot of heart.  Scoring 6 runs off our ace shows how good your offense is.

Good luck on Saturday.

Our guys played really good last night.  I feel terrible for Mike Jarman.  He's going to get another opportunity this weekend, so I hope he is mentally prepared.  He could really have a great opportunity to redeem himself.  We all know he has the stuff to do it.

UCI doesn't hit the ball very well.  Their ace was far from impressive.  He may just not have had his good stuff going tonight.  I don't see us having any fear if we happen to play them on Sunday.  They just aren't that impressive.

With that said, Nebraska wasn't very impressive yesterday either.  They will have their ace on the mound today though against UCI.  I would imagine that Nebraska takes the game today, and that ORU eliminates EIU.  So I think we are looking at UCI on Sunday afternoon.  ORU will have Carlos Luna on the mound against UCI.  I think we win that game if Friday is an indication of the talent levels.

ORU and Nebraska will battle it out for the championship.  I would imagine that Minnisale would be on the mound for that game, and Jarman would get the ball on Monday.  Although, you might try to throw Jarman on Sunday.  You need Minnisale to play centerfield on Sunday (at least in the first game).  You don't want to play him out on the field the same day he pitches.

This weekend is far from over.  (in my opinion at least)

Good recap, Mike...this is why you are the best...i was out last night and quite displeased to come home after midnight and find out that the good guys had lost and given up so many runs early....it's hard fighting from behind all night especially against a top 25 team like UCI....hopefully, we will get back in the winning column today....otherwise, we will be looking forward to ORU soccer starting in August.... :-(