Will Arkansas Make the Tournament?

Old Titan

I'm not sure which is more frustrating: 

1.  That Arkansas, who failed to even qualify for the 8-team SEC tournament, with just a 34-22 record but a #31 RPI, is still being considered for an at-large NCAA berth.

2.  That every bracket I've seen (with them in it) has the Hogs as a #2 in Stillwater, with ORU as a #3, even though the Golden Eagles swept them (2-0) this season.

The answer to your question is yes - and, yes, it is frustrating... but it also shows the (perceived) power of the SEC in baseball.

That said, OT, I was reminiscing last night and thought of the ORU-Arkansas NCAA tourney game at JL Johnson in 1980(?) (Mike Moore, Kevin McReynolds, etc.).  Perhaps one of the best baseball games I have EVER seen - and certainly the best at the college level.  Do you remember that game?

They'll make it.

They shouldn't, I don't care how strong the SEC is.

If you don't even qualify for your own league's post-season tournament, you don't deserve to get into the NCAA post-season tournament.

Period.  :x

I believe they'll make it.  The SEC has 6 teams in the top 30.  But the fact we beat them sayss a lot about ORU.

Here's another point.  I'm no Razorback fan, but South Carolina had to beat Tennessee 2x to make sure they were in, and they were ranked in the top 25, around #22 at the time.  So it's actually a pretty big deal to get into the tournament this year.  Do I detect a little resentment against Arkansas?  :-)

Big ORU fan in SC

Well, the Hogs DID make it and get a 3 seed and a first round matchup with Pepperdine....SEC has incredible respect....but yes, Larry...it says something about ORU that we creamed them twice this year...we have a shot...5 of the 8 national seeds last year didn't even make it out of the regionals....anything can happen.... :-P

Amen to that.  If the Eagles will stay hot, anything can happen. And, I sure like where ORU was placed in the Regionals, rather than where Arkansas ended up. I don't expect them to win one game out there - Two and through.