Re: USC on the schedule.

wakeflip1

Married???

My condolences. :cry:

Suckers  :-D

Let's see if anyone books a one way flight to Mexico any time soon...  :wink:

You guys make quite a pair - The He-Man Woman-Haters Club for the new millennia  8-)

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• TrueBlue82

• oruvoice

• tmh8286

You mean the team that usually battles it out for dead last on the RPI with Maryland-Eastern Shore?  :-D

I heard a rumor that our opener is at Mabee with NJIT....a tune up for TU???..... :-D

Anyone have the link to the site that serves as a clearinghouse for possible college opponents/games? Someone posted it in the past and I don't know where to find it. Maybe we can can an idea of some possibilities if the coaching staff is still trying to put together a last minute home game.

Anyone have the link to the site that serves as a clearinghouse for possible college opponents/games? Someone posted it in the past and I don't know where to find it. Maybe we can can an idea of some possibilities if the coaching staff is still trying to put together a last minute home game.

Here's the link, Terry

http://businesscomputertechnicians.com/businesscomputertechnicians.com/BBT/SearchEvents.aspx?StartSeason=9/1/2008&EndSeason=9/1/2009&Gender=Mens

Good to see that we're searching all avenues to get home games in the Mabee Center.  I hope that we're able to pick up a game or two this way!

A home-and-home (or 2-for-1 :-D) with North Texas wouldn't be all bad.  Logistics make sense.  Return game in DFW area for alumni and recruiting opportunities.  Dates seem to match-up...

Here's the link, Terry

Nice job, Blue.  You had that posted before I could even get started looking!  I don't believe that was the link I was thinking of, but it appears to be pretty exhaustive.  I was thinking one of the basketball sites had something similar.

From a VERY quick review - here are some teams that seem to be open to road games in 08-09, and if dates were listed, match our openings.  Of course, I'm sure the coaches have already checked all of these options out, so maybe a few of them will come to fruition...

Hampton

North Texas

Houston Baptist

Eastern Michigan

Georgia Southern

Air Force

South Carolina

Western Kentucky

Virginia Commonwealth

Southern Illinois

Weber State

From a VERY quick review - here are some teams that seem to be open to road games in 08-09, and if dates were listed, match our openings.  Of course, I'm sure the coaches have already checked all of these options out, so maybe a few of them will come to fruition...

Hampton - good roadie for DC alumni; otherwise too far and the guarantee would not be as good as Georgetown

North Texas - good for the Texas recruits

Houston Baptist - only if we have some South Texas recruits/players that family could come see ORU play; otherwise it's a no-win game

Eastern Michigan - too far

Georgia Southern - too far

Air Force - this would be a good for our Colorado Springs/Denver alum

South Carolina - LarryL could probably get to this one!  :-D

Western Kentucky - not enough pazzaz

Virginia Commonwealth - this would be a ton better than Hampton

Southern Illinois - excellent MVC opponent - especially for a home-and-home

Weber State - I'd rather play Utah State

Hampton - good roadie for DC alumni; otherwise too far and the guarantee would not be as good as Georgetown

North Texas - good for the Texas recruits

Houston Baptist - only if we have some South Texas recruits/players that family could come see ORU play; otherwise it's a no-win game

Eastern Michigan - too far

Georgia Southern - too far

Air Force - this would be a good for our Colorado Springs/Denver alum

South Carolina - LarryL could probably get to this one!  :-D

Western Kentucky - not enough pazzaz

Virginia Commonwealth - this would be a ton better than Hampton

Southern Illinois - excellent MVC opponent - especially for a home-and-home

Weber State - I'd rather play Utah State

South Carolina - LarryL could probably get to this one!   :-D

You bet your sweet Bippee!  :mrgreen:

Actually, South Carolina would be a good game to get.  With a coaching change (Dave Odom left), and in a rebuilding phase, it might be a good opportunity to knock off another SEC team. I could picture them thinking this would be an easy road game to pick up, and we lure them into the Mabee Center, and Wham!

Two others that look attractive to me would be                         

Duquesne - (Home/Home)

UNC-Charlotte (Home/Home) - very good program, and close!

South Carolina - LarryL could probably get to this one!   :-D

You bet your sweet Bippee!  :mrgreen:

Let's remember - these would be HOME games in 08-09 and potential road games in 09-10.  From what I understand, we've already filled out (or are close to completing) our road/neutral schedule - and are only looking for D-1 home games for this season.  At this point, although some are definitely better (S. Carolina, SIU, VCU, AFA), I think we'd be pretty interested in ANY home opportunities.

One thing to keep in mind is that most of the entries to that list were made in April, May and June - many, if not most, of those programs will likely have their schedules pretty much filled by this point.  I'm sure that the scheduling challenges are great at this point in the season.