Sean Sutton Out at OSU?

Old Titan

Local recruiting rival? Are you drunk?

Occasional opponent? Are you asleep? We haven't played them in a DECADE until ESPN put together the "brother" game last year and that will never happen again, even if Sean were still at OSU.

As far as it being "personal".....look, I'm sorry that Sean lost his job. But, he's bringing home like $20,000 per month for the next 10 years! I bust my hump EVERY SINGLE DAY just to scratch out (in a year) what he'll make in the next 6 months doing NOTHING!

And, he can go out and get another nice paying job TOMORROW to 'supplement' his income. So, when you say "it's personal", I just have to chuckle a little bit.

He is an EXTREMELY wealthy man who coaches basketball, to attain those MILLIONS of dollars! Sorry if I don't get all EMOTIONAL and fell PERSONALLY insulted by his horrible treatment.

Agreed voice.....this should just die. 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• tmh8286

• ORUTerry

• ron

Top Posters In This Topic

There are five pages of posts linked to this topic - obviously there is considerable interest in it.

It will no doubt die at some point - but why, as long as there is interest in it, would you guys care that people want to discuss it? 

There are five pages of posts linked to this topic - obviously there is considerable interest in it.

It will no doubt die at some point - but why, as long as there is interest in it, would you guys care that people want to discuss it? 

I know. 5 pages on this topic. Considerable interest. UGH.

It sometimes feels like we (ORU) are becoming Oklahoma State East... :|

Yeah, let's just stick our heads in the sand and act like OSU, OU, TU and Arkansas basketball don't exist - we're just happy as bugs in a rug here in our little mid-major Summit League dream world.

Sorry, but what happens in the basketball program 90 miles west of here matters to ORU basketball, especially in this case, in ways so varied and obvious that it's ridiculous to argue the point.

BTW, big man, nice reference once again to your 6-figure salary (yes, I did do the math) - I know we all never tire of reading about that on the basketball message board!  :wink:

Yeah, let's just stick our heads in the sand and act like OSU, OU, TU and Arkansas basketball don't exist - we're just happy as bugs in a rug here in our little mid-major Summit League dream world.

Sorry, but what happens in the basketball program 90 miles west of here matters to ORU basketball, especially in this case, in ways so varied and obvious that it's ridiculous to argue the point.

BTW, big man, nice reference once again to your 6-figure salary (yes, I did do the math) - I know we all never tire of reading about that on the basketball message board!  :wink:

Following your logic....perhaps you can start some discussions on TU, OU, & Arkansas. I know that I can't get enough 'Razorback Hoops' talk!

As far as you 'doing the math'...color me impressed! I didn't figure you could count that high! :wink:

And, you need to get your facts straight. I am not pulling down a 6 figure 'salary'. I am on 100% straight commission. No salary given to the sales MASTER! No need.

Voice, when is the last time that you posted four times on a single page (my configuration). You must really like this thread  :-D.

The good news about OSU's hire is that we might have a chance to get a series going with the Cowboys again - probably 2-for-1, but still a nearby series with lots of local interest and a road trip worth going to.

Following your logic....perhaps you can start some discussions on TU, OU, & Arkansas. I know that I can't get enough 'Razorback Hoops' talk!

As far as you 'doing the math'...color me impressed! I didn't figure you could count that high! :wink:

And, you need to get your facts straight. I am not pulling down a 6 figure 'salary'. I am on 100% straight commission. No salary given to the sales MASTER! No need.

Insert traditional "no help needed with the ladies, either!"-type line below: ___________________________________________________.

And, for the record, I myself am on 100% crooked commission.  :-D

It sometimes feels like we (ORU) are becoming Oklahoma State East... :|

Voice, you're typically quicker than this...the trend toward becoming OSU-South Tulsa has been going on since we hired Bill Self some fifteen years ago.  Heck, they even gave out ORANGE ORU golf shirts at last year's Richard Roberts Golf Classic.  Seriously, the shirts were ORANGE.  :-o

What's next?  It may only be a matter of time before Eli's feet and beak become ORANGE too...wait, that's probably not a good idea for me to throw out there!  :wink:

For the record, I think the Travis Ford hiring will prove to be a pretty good one.  He's going to have PLENTY of resources to get it done in Stillwater, and I think OSU fans will enjoy the style of ball his teams' have traditionally played.

He's also a go to guy for all things PR (public relations that is...very articulate as well as full of energy and enthusiasm); so if I were with the Ford dealers of Oklahoma, I'd be making a call quickly for an endorsement deal with Coach FORD.  :wink:

It will be interesting to see how Ford and Arkansas' John Pelphrey perform in the next few seasons, each with one eye constantly trained on Billy Gillespie at Kentucky.

Should for any reason Billy Clyde leave the Wildcats, would have to think those two favorite-sons, if successful at their current gigs, would likely be front-runners for that job, where they would get to go head-to-head for wins and recruits with their former coach and mentor, Rick Pitino at Louisville.

Voice, you're typically quicker than this...the trend toward becoming OSU-South Tulsa has been going on since we hired Bill Self some fifteen years ago.  Heck, they even gave out ORANGE ORU golf shirts at last year's Richard Roberts Golf Classic.  Seriously, the shirts were ORANGE.  :-o

What's next?  It may only be a matter of time before Eli's feet and beak become ORANGE too...wait, that's probably not a good idea for me to throw out there!  :wink:

So, when is the Richard Roberts golf tourney scheduled for this year?

I know we are all interested in getting signed up for that!!!

It will be interesting to see how Ford and Arkansas' John Pelphrey perform in the next few seasons, each with one eye constantly trained on Billy Gillespie at Kentucky.

Should for any reason Billy Clyde leave the Wildcats, would have to think those two favorite-sons, if successful at their current gigs, would likely be front-runners for that job, where they would get to go head-to-head for wins and recruits with their former coach and mentor, Rick Pitino at Louisville.

Great point, OT...both will be on the Cats' short list if/when BCG moves on from Lexington.

So, when is the Richard Roberts golf tourney scheduled for this year?

I know we are all interested in getting signed up for that!!!

It's at the "Gilligan's Island" miniature golf course at 61st and Highway 169.

Grand prize is a free pizza.