ORU vs Tennessee

MrsSmith

On the tip Camargo goes down and hurts her knee.  She ran out of bounds toward the Tenn cheerleaders who had a sign on the floor and Mariana slipped on it (it isn't there anymore!!).  Losing her is not going to help us any.

43-31 playing with a lot of heart.  If you aren't watching the game you're missing a good showing.  They are shooting well which helps with the large amount of turnovers.

I'm enjoying talking to myself btw.

Keeping it respectable so far.  48-34 at half.

I always wonder, with the reputation that Pat Summit has, whether she comes into a game like this, where they will almost certainly dominate, is she completely business-like toward the other team, or is she friendly and gracious to Jerry and the other coaches.

Losing Camargo is huge - well, not that she was likely to win the game for us, but she has been SO critical to our offense all season long, and particularly late in the season.

They're saying nice things about ORU in the main studio.

43-31 playing with a lot of heart.  If you aren't watching the game you're missing a good showing.  They are shooting well which helps with the large amount of turnovers.

I'm enjoying talking to myself btw.

Not any more you're not :-D

I'm kind of enjoying your game too, except for the ESPN announcers.  I presume you folks are listening to your radio guys call the game.  The ESPN announcers have this typical aversion to actually calling the action on the court too many times.

Not a bad showing at all.  By the way, candace Parker is wicked tall, isn't she (and long-armed too)?  Almost should be illegal :wink:

They have looked rattled at times, but they seem to recover very quickly.

They're saying nice things about ORU in the main studio.

And that's Stacy Dales, too, the one that got so cranky 3 years ago about that screen in the Texas game, remember? :-D

I knew you'd start talking to me tmh.  lol

We are shooting 55%.

I'm surprised too that Jenny didn't start.  She currently has 10 pts.  Maybe they are trying the Robert Jarvis approach.

Yeah, Stacy Dales said ORU was one of the scrappiest, if not THE scrappiest, teams she played at OU.  That was gracious of her to say.

And that's Stacy Dales, too, the one that got so cranky 3 years ago about that screen in the Texas game, remember? :-D

Don't remember the incident, Stl VU Fan, but it doesn't surprise me.

Hey, how's the CBI going for you guys?  I haven't checked back since the first game.

their length and our turnovers are killing us...ORU shot well in the first half 56.5%

c7b9aa2e-52bb-4e73-af85-3e36ef9b1381.jpg

You mean that they didn't have a camera in the ORU locker room like they did in the Vols?  Imagine that.

Camargo's injury reminded me a little of what happened to the official Eddie Jackson in one of the games in the Summit League tournament.  Eddie stepped on a mat laying on the floor where the IPFW cheerleaders were.  He went sprawling, and came up with a gimpy leg.  Had to take him out of the game, and he was replaced by Jeff Malham - good thing they keep an official "on call" during the tournament.

I don't think that the Tenn cheerleaders should have had their sign right outside of the court.

Agreed, MrsSmith.

The big-league pass used to score on ORU was preceeded by THREE STEPS that any kid in the crowd could have picked up on.  Were the officials intimidated by the crowd hollering about the charge call?

Don't remember the incident, Stl VU Fan, but it doesn't surprise me.

It was in 2005, and I can't remember her name, but she set a high screen and the Texas player ended up getting injured.  She was the one that probably raised the ire of Leslie Crane in the semis that year.  At any rate, at half-time, Stacy Dales (Schulman at the time) was absolutely furious with ORU over that "dirty" play, and furious that a flagrant foul wasn't called.  I remember some of us Valpo fans were a bit rubbed the wrong way by the ORU player in question, but we were unanimous that it was definitely NOT a "dirty" play.  I was pretty ticked with this ESPN analyst at the time.

Hey, how's the CBI going for you guys?  I haven't checked back since the first game.

We beat UW 72-71 on Wednesday, and we play at Houston (of Phi-Slamma-Jamma fame) tomorrow night in the "Elite-8" (tee-hee) of the CBI.

Wow, Candace Parker has 4 fouls, eh?  Very interesting.

It was fun watching the replay of Janae Voelker setting a block and sending the Tenn player to the floor.

The shots aren't going in this half.  I'm sure we are getting tired.  We're playing 7-8 players and they are playing all of theirs.