Re: chance chapman

theeagleman5

Another good performance last night for CC but again he did not factor in the decision....Chance went 7 innings giving up 5 hits and 3 runs (2 earned)....he had 7 Ks and 0 walks....he left with a 5-3 lead but the bullpen blew it....Blueclaws still won, 6-5.....Chapman still has a 6-5 record and his ERA is down to 2.75...... :-)

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theeagleman5

• tmh8286

• Bogus Smith

• redhammer

Chance's start today was rained out so he'll be going monday night instead...TheEagleman and buds are heading down to Lakewood on Thursday night to watch the BlueClaws take on West Virginia but Chapman will likely not be on the mound...i am going to try to get down to the field pre-game and say hello.... 8-)

If you just turn on the eagleman charm, I'm sure you'll get to see the young man. Just don't walk through any opposition seating areas. Judging by your writing here on the board, you're likely to get yourself into trouble. :-D

Thanks for the advice, ron....but i doubt there will be many West Virginia fans in attendence....not sure if they have cars yet in WVA and it would be a bit too far to ride a cow from down there to Lakewood, NJ.... :-D

Thanks for the advice, ron....but i doubt there will be many West Virginia fans in attendence....not sure if they have cars yet in WVA and it would be a bit too far to ride a cow from down there to Lakewood, NJ.... :-D

Exactly what I'm talking about eagleman! I'm glad you've got the odds covered but watch out for the one or two. :-D

Not to worry...i will have 4 sizeable buddies with me who will be quite liquored up........ 8-)

Well, TheEagleman and pals visited Lakewood tonight and as luck would have it, Chance Chapman was sitting only a few rows in front of us behind the plate in street clothes charting pitches...i was able to sit and chat with him for a few minutes pre-game and he said to pass along a hello to all his friends back at ORU....he's doing well and hopes to be in the majors within a couple years....Chance is having a pretty good year although he only lasted 4 innings on monday getting touched up for 4 runs and 5 hits....he got a no-decision as the BlueClaws came back to win the game...tonight they were getting pounded when we left in the 7th inning, 8-3....i had to leave early because it's about an hour drive home and TheEagleman does have to get for work early in the AM...Chaps seems like a very nice fellow and i offered to buy him a beer but he politely declined.....i sure hope he makes it up to the Phillies some day soon....he was very nice to all fans asking for autographs and signed a ball for my buddy...... :-)

By the way, Lakewood does not appear to have a whole lot of potential major league talent on this team...but, you never know...Ryan Howard and Cole Hamels were both playing for the BlueClaws just a few years ago....i could see Chance Chapman as a middle inning or set up reliever in a couple years...he has good size.....he seems like a very nice young man and was pleasant with TheEagleman....the best of luck to him!.... :-)

Lakewood staked Chapman to a 12-0 lead after 2 innings on the way to a 14-5 rout in Greensboro, NC last night...Chance went 6 innings giving up 9 hits and 4 runs....he had 7 Ks and only 1 BB.....for the season CC is now 7-5 with an ERA of 3.05 which is not bad for A ball....looks like Chance will finish the season in Lakewood and hopefully move up to AA Reading Phillies next season which is also only about an hour drive for TheEagleman....but i am going to try to get down to Lakewood this month on a night when he actually pitches.... :-)

cool...are you in south jersey or eastern PA?...chapman will certainly be pitching on the next homestand against Savannah or Charleston...he will have one more start near the end of the current road trip..... 8-)

Hey,

We got a Chance Chapman baseball card on Ebay! Maybe we can go and see him play.

Hey Irish, can you post a pic of the card?  Did you see this oneof Chance I posted earlier in this thread that I got a while back on Ebay?

chance has not pitched since last weekend.....not sure what is going on there...no info on the website....perhaps he has a sore arm or something....i'll try to find out more............ :-P

It's looking more and more like Chapman might be hurt...he didn't pitch again last night....nothing on the website...he hasn't pitched in 10 days and he's the ace of that staff....googled his name on Yahoo and found a picture of a baseball card of him in a Phillies uniform with a goofy smile...ya gotta check that one out....theEagleman is probably heading down to Lakewood this weekend to catch the BlueClaws against Charleston, SC so i will see what i can find out..... :-P

theEagleman and grandsons are heading down to Lakewood sunday afternoon to catch Lakewood vs. Charleston, SC.....i will try to find out what is wrong with Chance....he has not pitched for the BlueClaws for two weeks...but they are now in first place..... :-)

TheEagleman just returned from Lakewood, NJ where i spent the afteroon and early watching the BlueClaws get hammered...it was 6-0 Charleston, when i left with my grandsons and son in law in the 7th inning...the boys are only 3 and 6 and had had a long day....however, i was able to see Chance and a couple teammates prior to the game...he has a pinched nerve in his shoulder neck area and has missed 3 starts but hopes to be back on the mound later this week....he looked fine to me...the BlueClaws sure need him...they have dropped 3 in a row... :-P

TheEagleman also picked up a team set of BlueClaws cards....if Chapman ever wins the Cy Young some day, i will have made an excellent purchase at $8.......... :-D....it does mention Oral Roberts Univ. on the back of Chance's card..... :-)