'Roos get Robbed

tbone77

I know it is standard chatter to complain about the officials, but the call at the end of the KC-IUPUI game was just pathetic.  Players diving for the ball, no clear possession established and a player for each team ends up holding the ball on the floor.  A clear jump ball.  Should have been UMKC's, but the ref calls UMKC for a foul on the floor.  I really feel for the UMKC players and coaches as this was such an unfair call and an unfair way to end a really good game. 

Summit officiating strikes again.

The scary thing is that these guys will be calling another game somewhere in the tournament.

I know it is standard chatter to complain about the officials, but the call at the end of the KC-IUPUI game was just pathetic.  Players diving for the ball, no clear possession established and a player for each team ends up holding the ball on the floor.   A clear jump ball.  Should have been UMKC's, but the ref calls UMKC for a foul on the floor.  I really feel for the UMKC players and coaches as this was such an unfair call and an unfair way to end a really good game. 

Summit officiating strikes again.

The scary thing is that these guys will be calling another game somewhere in the tournament.

There were numerous questionable calls against UMKC it seemed as George Hill charged everytime with no calls on him but all on UMKC.... the goaltending call as well.... even thought UMKC got slapped in the face, they also shot themself in the foot with an errant pass on a fastbreak with under 30 left.....

I'd go a little further, tbone, and say that while there was no CLEAR possession of the ball, a UMKC player was about to gain possession, George Hill came flying across the floor and hit the UMKC player so hard in the back that the ball came careening out of his hands, then Hill jumps over the top of the UMKC player for the tie-up, and SOMEHOW out of that scrum the official calls a foul on UMKC and sends hill to the line.  Hill commits the foul, and then ends up shooting free throws. 

I almost got the sense that the officials were TRYING to advance the higher seeded team. 

The other thing I thought all game was how much Hill got star treatment from the officials.  That last situation was only the worst case of it. 

Kinda funny, we've listened to fans of other teams make the same complaint about Caleb Green for the past four years - now we're on the receiving end!

I'd go a little further, tbone, and say that while there was no CLEAR possession of the ball, a UMKC player was about to gain possession, George Hill came flying across the floor and hit the UMKC player so hard in the back that the ball came careening out of his hands, then Hill jumps over the top of the UMKC player for the tie-up, and SOMEHOW out of that scrum the official calls a foul on UMKC and sends hill to the line.  Hill commits the foul, and then ends up shooting free throws. 

I almost got the sense that the officials were TRYING to advance the higher seeded team. 

The other thing I thought all game was how much Hill got star treatment from the officials.  That last situation was only the worst case of it. 

Kinda funny, we've listened to fans of other teams make the same complaint about Caleb Green for the past four years - now we're on the receiving end!

No doubt, I was calling him Kobe Hill at the end of that game.  He's good, but doesn't deserve to do anything he wants.

Hill is a tremendous athlete and skilled basketball player - but he gets away with a lot of pushing (to create separation) and is very good at drawing contact. That 'scrum' for the ball was just a bad call.... hard to believe the officials made that call with the game on the line. The other egregious call was the goal tending call against UMKC when it was clearly an IUPUI player who pulled on the rim. Pretty poor.

If UMKC had made their free throws and not missed some close shots,  they would have advanced - even with the poor officiating.

We chatted a bit with OU coach Kampe last night during the IPFW/SUU game about the officiating in the UMKC/IUPUI game.  I asked what he thought about UMKC getting screwed and he said that he would have stated it a little more forcefully with a few more expletives.  He said he would have followed that ref all the way to the locker room after that one.  He agreed that Hill pushes off when he drives. 

We joked with him that Caleb never got any calls like that and he laughed and said "shoot, when Green stepped on the floor I knew he would shoot 15 free throws."

Priceless.

I love Kampe, but I was still harassing Kangas and Nelson and Wanderstadt last night.

Oh, BTW, orumom and MM, we're not too embarrassing to you guys as we're very loud and annoying to the refs are we?  I know it's your first time sitting with us CRAZIES.

Oh, BTW, orumom and MM, we're not too embarrassing to you guys as we're very loud and annoying to the refs are we?  I know it's your first time sitting with us CRAZIES.

We thought it might be the reverse. We are the ORIGINAL CRAZIES.  We have been to tournament games where other than the staff, the Crows. Petersons & Minyards were the only ORU fans.  We have been attending the tournament games since the first year ORU played in the MidCon in Moline. IL.

The gray haired ref at yesterday's women's game went so far as to threaten to throw Voice & ORUblue out of the ORU/TU women's game a year ago. 

Our family (ORUblue, MM & myself) are one  of the reasons noise makers are banned at the tournament.  We put pennies in empty gallon milk cartons. Our opponents barely made a free throw....we did such a good job. Then the follow up was the spirit sticks which we sponsored and were confiscated at the tournament.

I want to congratulate you (especially Isbig) for the great job the Christian Chapel Crazies do!!! The T-shirts & megaphones are great. We are proud to be part of your group this year.  :-D Hopefully you will invite us back.