ORU's BracketBuster game set for 2 p.m. on ESPN2 (Tulsa World)

Mike Minyard

We're working out some of the logistics before we send out anything official.  We have to have an area blocked off as well as areas to dump coals/ashes and trash.  So we're trying to think of everything that must be done ahead of time.

People will be able to show-up as early as they would like, but we will have an official start time as well.  Should it be 10, 10:30 or 11 a.m.???  I'm thinking 10 a.m. would give people 3 hours before the gates open for bobbleheads.  Doing it early enough could allow us to do some other things too.

Can you get ESPN2 on the new Mabee Center sign?  That would probably cause copyright issues.  Does anybody have a portable satellite system that we could set up in the parking lot?  I think you should pick a location highly visible from the street.

Can you get ESPN2 on the new Mabee Center sign?  That would probably cause copyright issues.  Does anybody have a portable satellite system that we could set up in the parking lot?  I think you should pick a location highly visible from the street.

Parking will be in lot D... northwest of Mabee Center off of Lewis.  The actual area is D3.  That parking area is right up against the street that runs between Christ Chapel and the Praying Hands.  It's actually a very good location in my opinion.  People driving by will see what is going on, and it is easy for students too.

See the attached map below...

Now Mike here is the big question... Can we set up tents and camp out overnight??? Because I want to! Also, we need somewhere we can blow up pictures... this is for creighton.

Now Mike here is the big question... Can we set up tents and camp out overnight??? Because I want to! Also, we need somewhere we can blow up pictures... this is for creighton.

QuikPrint, Kinkos and some other places can do it, but it is expensive.  You're looking at almost $100 to do it.  So you might want to do something that you can reuse for the the conference tournament.

I saw a student section on ESPN the other night that had blown up pictures of a couple heads similar to what to you see on ESPN's PTI.  They actually were the two hosts of the show.

The Maniac campout is a great idea as long as it is over 45 degrees... lol

The Maniac campout is a great idea as long as it is over 45 degrees... lol

Weather.com has a forecast of 58 degrees and sunny... I know things can change quickly in Tulsa.

Now Mike here is the big question... Can we set up tents and camp out overnight??? Because I want to!

If you want too... go for it!  You don't really need approval from me or the athletic department.  I don't see why there would be anything wrong with it except for campus security and curfew rules.  I guess you just sign out and camp out in the Mabee Center lot.  Sounds good to me!

I'd love to see a great student turnout for the tailgating.  Students need to know they should be lined up outside the Mabee Center so they can rush in at 1 p.m. for the good seats.  A great student turnout one hour prior to tip-off would be outstanding.  I'd suggest the Maniacs do it just like the rest of the students to make it exciting.  People would race to their seats.  The best thing about is that you could get on the Creighton guys for an entire hour before game time.  Now that would be big time, and it would show we have arrived as a basketball school.

Doesn't Duke do something like "Camp K" where the students camp outside Cameron Coliseum the night before the UNC (and other big) games?  We could have a Camp Sutton outside the MC.  Maybe the Student Association could set up some entertainment or video boards for all-night movies.