Valpo Video

orustatboy

Saw on the Valpo board that the video of their exhibition opener is on valposports.com. You need a login and password, but it's free.

They beat D III Capital, 69-63, but were without both Oppland and Colclasure. If nothing else, it at least is a chance to finally see Kone in action.

Kone's line for the game -

4-of-7 from the field, 3-of-4 from the line, 5 boards (all defensive), 1 assist, 3 turnovers, 1 steal, and 5 fouls in 22 minutes.

I'd say this tells us nothing about him, especially considering that it was an exhibition game which doesn't tell us much about anyone.

No doubt Backr, i agree that it seems as though Kone does have a great inside game, he is not used to guarding anything better than JUCO players...in fact in most juco games i have seeen, defense is a foriegn word. However, i must give it too the boys from capitol, they were hitting some deep threes...it was quite a display shooting accuracy...it had kone confused, he didn't handle the ball well when they put two men on him in a tight situation, footwork seemed a bit nervous, and he seemed to hack people instead of the ball...the mid-con referee's in the mid-con will have a hay-day with him if he doesnt work on it...

...I think 5 fouls in 22 minutes against a mediocre D-III team at home speaks volumes....

Don't get too comfortable with your snap judgements.

I'm sure it wasn't a ssap judgement, but wery well thought out after he looked at the stats.

I'm sure it wasn't a ssap judgement, but wery well thought out after he looked at the stats.

"Speaks volumes," suggesting that the stats from one game are an excellent indicator of his potential, sounds like a snap judgement to me. It sounds like the very definition.

That's alright, you guys continue to believe in the absolute relative superiority of your talent. (Last year, your players may have made the same mistake--though it's not likely to repeat itself this season.) I may believe in the talent of our players, but I don't disbelieve the talent of yours. I think this is an unusually exceptional year talent-wise for the Mid-Con and it will be interesting to see who can put it to use.

Guest EagleBackr

Actually, it was a "Snapple" judgement - I just love that stuff!

Look, I have no idea if Kone is all that - AND NEITHER DO YOU! Let's see how he does against someone on a Division 1 team before we annoint him a lottery pick, OK?

That's alright, you guys continue to believe in the absolute relative superiority of your talent. (Last year, your players may have made the same mistake--though it's not likely to repeat itself this season.) I may believe in the talent of our players, but I don't disbelieve the talent of yours. I think this is an unusually exceptional year talent-wise for the Mid-Con and it will be interesting to see who can put it to use.

Good post, Valpower. I really don't think we can take too much from these exhibition games. It's a long season, lots of things can happen, and there's not much reason for chest-thumping at this point. Time will tell how the teams perform.