Kyle Cussen Named TU Women's Soccer Coach

Old Titan

I know this belongs elsewhere, but anyway:

The Tulsa World is reporting that Kyle Cussen has been named the new women's soccer coach at TU.

Which is fine, I guess, except I don't remember ever hearing he had resigned at ORU!

A friend of my son's at Broken Arrow HS had verbally committed to ORU, but plans on following Cussen to TU.

FWIW.

I actually happen to know Kyle and we have some very close mutual friends.  This is actually a big opportunity for him.  He's receiving around 2 x's his salary, something like 7 x's his recruiting budget, a new car, and some other things.  I'm very happy for him to be given an opportunity to further his career.  His wife, of course, is still on the women's basketball coaching staff...

A friend of my son's at Broken Arrow HS had verbally committed to ORU, but plans on following Cussen to TU.

FWIW.

Not sure what FWIW means...but why is your friend's son following him to TU if he's the girl's soccer coach?

For whatever it's worth . . . my son's friend is female :wink:!

A friend of my son's . . . not my friend's son  :-o!

I actually happen to know Kyle and we have some very close mutual friends.  This is actually a big opportunity for him.  He's receiving around 2 x's his salary, something like 7 x's his recruiting budget, a new car, and some other things.  I'm very happy for him to be given an opportunity to further his career.  His wife, of course, is still on the women's basketball coaching staff...

No question a terrific opportunity for Kyle.  Good for you prezalum for choosing to be happy for him and not bitter because he's going to TU.  Wish him all the success in the world, except when his team plays ORU!  

Eli - riddle me this -

A beggar's brother died, but the man who died had no brother. How could that be?

FWIW.

Tim, is that the one the probably wishes was more than a friend? :wink:

The surgeon was the boy's mother.  :wink:

BTW, where was anyone "bitter" on here about KC going to TU?

Frankly, I don't care about women's soccer - never have.

Just was surprised the news of the hiring came before the news of the resignation.

Assuming either was "news" to begin with... :|

The surgeon was the boy's mother.  :wink:

BTW, where was anyone "bitter" on here about KC going to TU?

Frankly, I don't care about women's soccer - never have.

Just was surprised the news of the hiring came before the news of the resignation.

Assuming either was "news" to begin with... :|

Wow!  That's amazing!  Karnak strikes again.  I was just about to ask you this:

A dad and his son are driving in a car when they are involved in a crash.  The son is seriously injured and taken to hospital.  Sadly, the dad is killed outright.

At the hospital they rush the boy into surgery and they call the surgeon.  The surgeon arrives, stands over the boy and says.  "I cannot operate on this boy - he is my son!"

How can this be?

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't be happier for coach cus... but the question is, who replaces him? I guess the obvious answer is Anthony, and if so he has a very high soccer IQ and is very capable of the position. I would even say he's overqualified.

It looks like Anthony has followed Kyle over to TU. and as of right now Coach Bush (men's assistant) is the interim women's coach...  I noticed Coach Cussen is still managing the shot clock at the basketball games. Does anybody remember the shot clock problems at the Centenary game the other night.... hmmm  It makes you wonder.  :wink: