• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ORUalum

• ORUTerry

• vcboy2000

• ORU Eli

Just saw it on the Tulsa World.  Wow, that's a lot of money! 

Hope ORU wins tonight, too! 

"Expect a Miracle" as the basketball court used to say!

After reading all the negative and ugly posts about ORU, this is so refreshing.  Congradulations to the FACULTY, STAFF, STUDENTS AND ALUMNI you truley deserve it!  I'm an '92 ORU grad and love my school and wear it's colors proudly.  Just when my faith was struggling to see how anything good was going to come out this, God steps it and shows his mercy and love.  God bless ORU and God blees Mr. Green. 

Am Herratz forever! :-D

There is a catch.  A good catch  "Green said ORU will recieve $8 million immediately to meet pressing financial needs.

The remainder will come after a 90-day review of ORU's practices.

Green said that ORU must demonstrate ``good governance'' before the remaining $62 million will be given."

There should be more and that will unfold.  Hobby lobby is connected with Mardels, a Christian education supply outlet et cetera.  Real big around the country.

I am humbled by God's faithfulness.

Maybe we should name the South entrance to the Mabee Center.......Hobby Lobby!!  :-D

Seriously, what great news.  God is a good God all of the time!  Thanks to the Green family for their desire to see God's work continue and to train up young students to go into every man's world.

Now it is time for alums to step up and support this momentum...

It wasn't long ago that Richard mentioned that he wished someone like Mr. Pickens

($150 million to OSU stadium) would step up to the plate and donate that kind of money.  Now

that he's gone it comes to fruition.  Go figure.

It wasn't long ago that Richard mentioned that he wished someone like Mr. Pickens

($150 million to OSU stadium) would step up to the plate and donate that kind of money.  Now

that he's gone it comes to fruition.  Go figure.

This isn't a coincidence. He gave BECAUSE Richard is gone.

Greatest day in school history???

1. 70 mil gift from the Green family

2. 2 mil gift from unnamed donor

3. Regents accept Richard's resignation

4. Regents agree to seperate the leadership and finances of OREA and ORU

5. ORU pounds TU in basketball

WOW!!!!!!!

I can't say that enough...

Just goes to show what I always said and believed...ORU really IS a blessed university built on the power and authority of the Lord but until righteous is restored at the top, the waterfall of blessings will be dammed up and dry.l

This surpasses the RC issue, the TU win, or any kind of big or small athletic achievement...Im ecstatic!!

I eluded to it earlier and now that the cat is out of the bag I can say more. This is not really a "gift" it is more of an accountability endowment. The money will require everyone to clean up their act, this includes all members of the board, many will not be retained. ORU will not be a fundraising source for any ministry that will personally enrich anyone, it will be a debt free University focused on God's work. There will be no more prosperity message crap. It will be a community focused on preparing young people for their future and helping them with God's plan for their life.

Leadership without accountability almost always leads to corruption. With the financial support coming from one entity, and that entity only asking for integrity, there is now the ultimate accountability.

ash  =o)

You know I really have to point out something that comes to mind as I'm seeing all of this unfold. Adam Arrington, Student Body President, came to me last year when he was deciding to run for office and told me that he really felt God wanted to do something great at ORU, but the university wasn't ready. His entire platform focused on the students, faculty, and staff returning the the founding purpose of ORU. Since being elected, he initiated days of campus-wide prayer and fasting by the students and faculty. I honestly think that the University was being prepared for what we have just experienced, and that those prayers along with others all over have really been what has carried us through. I'm so grateful to God for what he has done.