Do you realize . . .

tmh8286

. . . that the women's team graduates SIX seniors last year, including women's multiple-record-holder Elisha Turik and Aussie sharpshooters Katie Langford and Sarah Davidson.  This should be a rebuilding year for the Lady Eagles, but it's looking more like the proverbial reloading. 

While the women would probably prefer to shoot greater than 27% for the game last night, on the other hand they held the Hurricane to a paltry 22%, forced them into 23 TO's, had 10 blocks, and out-rebounded TU 46 to 39.

All in all a GREAT outing for the women's team.

I am excited (as I always am) about ORU women's hoops, but TU is AWFUL! They will probably win 5-6 games this entire season. They are one of the worst teams in D-1 hoops.

That said, we have some good new players and this should be another successful season with a chance to win the tourney again!

Coach Fink always does a nice job of finding ways to win games, which seems to be what he's consistently been about for us.  It's interesting that the TU women's basketball program seems to be taking a similar dive as the men's program did under John Phillips.  A coaching change is probably forthcoming for TU women's hoops so stay tuned.

A coaching change is probably forthcoming for TU women's hoops so stay tuned.

oruvoice has been predicting struggles for the TU women's team since last season.  His up close and personal observations of their bench when they've played at Mabee Center led him to it.

voice's observations

Hmmmmm . . . five or six wins.  We've got 'er marked, voice.

oruvoice has been predicting struggles for the TU women's team since last season.   His up close and personal observations of their bench when they've played at Mabee Center led him to it.

voice's observations

Hmmmmm . . . five or six wins.  We've got 'er marked, voice.

TU's coach seems like a nice lady, but I have thought since the first day they hired her she was in over her head.  I was stunned with her initial success, but it's becoming more and more obvious it was Kathy McConnell-Miller's players and coaching that carried the day her first year.

Surprised that more TU fans aren't bemoaning the loss to ORU.  Perhaps it's just too early in the season.  I think once the losses pile up, they will wake up and smell the coffee...

I think TU has too much going on right now with football, men's soccer & men's basketball.  Women's basketball is low on the priority - always has been.  It will pick up though when the other fall sports are finished.

Looks like the Eagles have a very good chance to be 5-0 by the time they visit Boise in December, which should be their first "real" test.  I'm looking forward to seeing a great game in Idaho!