'07-'08 Preseason Prospectus

Old Titan

From the prospectus (which is what this thread was originally about :-D):

ANDRE HARDY

6-6, 220, Freshman, Forward

San Diego, Calif. (New Hampton (N.H.) Prep

About Hardy

Rugged, under-sized power forward ... strong, aggressive and athletic player ...

attacks the basket with a purpose on offense and goes hard to the glass on both

ends of the floor ... owns solid mid-range jump shot ... comes from an athletic

background ... father, Andre, played three seasons in the NFL ... originally signed

with San Francisco last fall but was let out of his scholarship commitment in the

spring.

At New Hampton Prep

Spent the 2006-07 academic year at New Hampton Prep in New Hampton, New

Hampshire ... averaged 15 points and 10 rebounds per game for one of the most

talented prep schools in New England ... best game for the Huskies was a 26-

point, 7-rebound effort against The Patterson School in the National Prep

Showcase ... played with three other Division I signees ... ranked as the No. 40

player in New England and No. 8 in New Hampshire by the New England Basketball

Recruiting Report ... New Hampton has a history of producing outstanding

basketball players and boasts several current NBA players as alums, including

Rashad McCants (Minnesota), Darius Songaila (Washington), Awvee Storey (New

Jersey) and Bernard Robinson (New Jersey).

High School

Starred for San Diego?s St. Augustine High School, leading the Saints to a 33-1

record and a state runner-up finish ... averaged 19.4 points per game as a senior

on his way to all-county, section Player of the Year and all-state honors ... also

lettered in football.

Personal

March 18, 1987 in San Diego, Calif. ... son of Andre Hardy, Sr., and Velma Gray ...

Theatre major ... also recruited by Kansas State, St. John?s, St. Mary?s, San Francisco

and Southern Cal.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ORU Eli

• Old Titan

• tmh8286

• OKC Eagle

Top Posters In This Topic

ORUalum first pointed out that Andre Hardy was headed to ORU in an article he posted in this thread.

I think it's still unclear why he didn't qualify to play at USF but does qualify to play at ORU.  Any enlightened ones out there able to explain that to the rest of us?

OK, ELI!  I'll play....

2) Put your junk in tha box!

THREE! Make her open that box! And that's the way you dooooooo it!

Seriously... I'm crying I'm laughing so hard

What - you don't think that there are any "enlightened ones" reading this board???

THREE! Make her open that box! And that's the way you dooooooo it!

Ahhh, I get it.

How classy.

And how unoriginal - Mickey Rourke did this trick already, to his date in a theater with a tub of popcorn, in an infamous scene from the movie "Diner", 25 years ago.

Are there no original ideas - or pranks - anymore?  :|

I leave for two days and the message board goes off on a weird, movie-dialogue, tangent. Where is Doc's hook when you need it?  :-D

I leave for two days and the message board goes off on a weird, movie-dialogue, tangent. Where is Doc's hook when you need it?   :-D

There's just one last thing I want to say that's always been very difficult for me to say:

"I slit the sheet, the sheet I slit, and on the slitted sheet I sit."

There. I've never been relaxed enough around here to say that.

This probably qualifies as roster discussion, but in an effort to steer the conversation back to basketball:

I have a feeling that Hardy is a quality player; he is a prep school (NH) player who did well in high school (CA). His numbers look good and we can always use more rebounding. He is fully qualified and I am not sure why SF did not admit him. Their coach seemed confused about why Hardy was not admitted by the SF admissions office. Sounds like a political (athletics vs. academic) thing. I can tell you he is well thought of.... and we have gotten a lot of hits on the message board (mostly from Gonzaga and WCC fans) searching for him. We've also had a lot of activity searching about Jahziel Howard.

hahahahahahaha...wow...haven't actually audibly laughed in a long time while posting.

As for Hardy...I don't know a thing about him but when he came over I actually had a thought that he might turn out like we hope/think Jarvis will and be a much bigger asset than we originally thought.

Not trying to be a buzzkill but I think we should probably stick to basketball here... Well, that and post-2000 SNL just isn't funny.

If you want to discuss other subjects IN DEPTH try these boards.

General Discussion

Alumi, Maniacs & Intramurals (must be logged in & a Golden Eagle Member to view)