'07-'08 Preseason Prospectus

Old Titan

At the risk of sounding like Steve Martin in "The Jerk":

"The Preseason Prospectus is here!!  The Preseason Prospectus is here!!"

link:  2007-08 ORU Men's Basketball Summer Prospectus

A couple of notes of interest after a cursory glance: 

? Curtis Allen is safely in the fold (confirmed that today).

? Clement N'Gom is no longer listed on the roster (not sure why, but he's apparently not coming).

? Andre Hardy is by all indications on scholarship (N'Gom not coming would free one up).

? Jonathan Dunn has his third uniform number in three days; he's now #12.

? Robert Jarvis and Curtis Allen are touted as conference "Newcomer of the Year" candidates.

? All-Conference candidates are listed as: Liberty, King, Vealy, Ehambe (!), and Jarvis (!!).

? Yemi is described as "expected to start at small forward".

? Marchello is described as "a key to ORU's hopes this season."

? We have more points returning per game from our three bench players (Ehambe, Vealy and Sango - 18.9 ppg) than from the three returning starters (Liberty, King and Ogunoye - 15.9 ppg).

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ORU Eli

• Old Titan

• tmh8286

• OKC Eagle

Top Posters In This Topic

"Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it."

"It's not the money I'll miss; it's all the stuff..."

Sorry to hear the Cornerstone Kids go from 3 to 2...would have been fun to see how the three of them played together and developed.

I didn't know Dunn chose us over Indiana and Tennessee (and Georgia)...that's impressive.

...what what in the world are OT and Blevins talking about...?

It's secret code.  It has to do with open practices.  Blevins said that practices aren't open to the public.  OT was saying that he doesn't care what blevins says, he's going to sneak into practice anyway.  Then blevins said, "Oh no, you're not!"

It's pretty easy to understand, once you know the code.

It's secret code.  It has to do with open practices.  Blevins said that practices aren't open to the public.  OT was saying that he doesn't care what blevins says, he's going to sneak into practice anyway.  Then blevins said, "Oh no, you're not!"

It's pretty easy to understand, once you know the code.

Maybe...although last I checked I didn't speak "Old People"

Guest Blevins

...just ask Blevins about his "Special Purpose".  :-o

"Get your weight guessed right here! Only a buck! Actual live weight guessing! Take a chance and win some crap!"

"Get your weight guessed right here! Only a buck! Actual live weight guessing! Take a chance and win some crap!"

"For a dollar, I'll guess either your weight, your age, or your sex."

Sorry to hear the Cornerstone Kids go from 3 to 2...would have been fun to see how the three of them played together and developed.

I didn't know Dunn chose us over Indiana and Tennessee (and Georgia)...that's impressive.

If a European kid so much as looks at a basketball nowadays the NCAA clearinghouse is pretty much on it.

"My name in PRINT!!  Now, THIS is just the kind of spontaneous publicity I need!  I'm SOMEBODY now!  Millions of people read (message boards) every day!  Oh, things are going to start happening for me now!"

Guest Blevins

"My name in PRINT!!  Now, THIS is just the kind of spontaneous publicity I need!  I'm SOMEBODY now!  Millions of people read (message boards) every day!  Oh, things are going to start happening for me now!"

"Titan, Old... Sounds like a typical bastard"

Go here and you can probably predict Old Titan's next comeback . . .

I thought that was such a funny movie until recently when I was watching it with my kids.  :)

Can anyone find the "boo-boo" on page 2 of the prospectus?

That we played Memphis in the 1st Round of the NCAA Tourney last year?

Also...N'Gom name is listed under Jonathan Dunn's bio as one of 'ORU's incoming freshman'...is that an error, or could he still possibly be playing?