Re: Rotnei Clarke

dchief42

If you were Rotnei Clarke what school would you sign with?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. If you were Rotnei Clarke what school would you sign with?

• Kansas
    • Oklahoma
    • Oklahoma State
    • Oral Roberts
    • Tulsa
    • Kentucky
    • Arizona State
    • Other

My son went up to the AC after the ORU game to watch Verdigris play BA, and said that Richard and Lindsay were sitting with the Clarkes during the game.  He also said the ENTIRE ORU basketball team was up there watching also.  He had a chance to talk to several of them, and they were friendly and pleasant with him, especially Mo.

Wonder how many Arkansas and OSU coaches were also in attendance...

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ORUTerry

• Old Titan

• tmh8286

• Bogus Smith

Maybe it was already mentioned here, but at the Arkansas game, Chancellor John White went and talked with Rotnei.

Maybe the Chancellor went and talked to him... but did their student section have their mascot pass him a not at halftime?? AND then chant his name?

Maybe the Chancellor went and talked to him... but did their student section have their mascot pass him a not at halftime?? AND then chant his name?

My prego wife wasn't feeling well, so we had to leave early.  Did you guys do a Rotnei chant??? 

Well we had Eli pass him a note that read...

Dear Rotnei,

After careful calculation and vigorous computation we have come to the conclusion that you fit perfectly into the following equation...

X+R=C

If you put "ORU basketball" in place of "X" and "Rotnei Clarke" in place of "R" you will come to the following answer...

ORU basketball + Rotnei Clarke =

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP

Just thought you would like to know...

With Love,

The Mabee Maniacs

We followed that up with thumbs up and a Rotnei Clarke chant... he gave us thumbs up back and got a good laugh out of it... I think he enjoyed it.

Well we had Eli pass him a note that read...

Dear Rotnei,

After careful calculation and vigorous computation we have come to the conclusion that you fit perfectly into the following equation...

X+R=C

If you put "ORU basketball" in place of "X" and "Rotnei Clarke" in place of "R" you will come to the following answer...

ORU basketball + Rotnei Clarke =  CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP

Just thought you would like to know...

With Love,

The Mabee Maniacs

We followed that up with thumbs up and a Rotnei Clarke chant... he gave us thumbs up back and got a good laugh out of it... I think he enjoyed it.

Conference Championship?  ???  You're not thinking big enough if you ask me!!  :-D

Seemed like a very nice young man.  Went up to him after the game to wish him well with his decision and to of course let him know that we'd love to have him here.

Good strong handshake and he is every bit of 6'1".  I'm 5'11" and he was definitely a couple of inches taller than me.

8 days and counting.

My prego wife wasn't feeling well, so we had to leave early.  Did you guys do a Rotnei chant??? 

A little off topic but was not aware of this. Congrats Joey O! Boy or girl I'm sure soon enough another Maniac is born!

yes the students did chant: "we want rotnei" at the end of the 117-43 massacre friday night.

He stayed around till Coach Pelphrey finished his press conference and shot around in bud walton arena.

I hate to quote the rolling stones but..."You can't always get what you want..."

Who would want to wallow with the pigs when you can soar with the eagles?

I hate to quote the rolling stones but..."You can't always get what you want..."

no offense but.....

He can go to ORU he can be on TV maybe once a year in the summit league championship, get a 14 seed in the NCAAT and get bounced in the first round by a BCS school.

Or he could go to Arkansas and have a chance to be in the top 25, be on sportscenter all the time and have a chance to go to the FInal four.

He'll make the best choice for him. Rotnei will go where he's most comfortable and where he can get the best out of his college career whether that is at Arkansas, OSU, or ORU.

Maybe having big time basketball success playing college basketball is not that important to him and he would be most comfortable with his dad at oral roberts.

Easy there, Hollywood - if RC's as good as advertised, he'll draw attention no matter where he is.

Granted, he may not be on TV as much, but since his family will probably travel to watch him play a lot of the time anyway, I'm really not sure how big a deal that is - wherever he goes.

Memo to Isbig - must you poke your finger in the eye of all our rivals?

I see slams against Arkansas and TU in today's posts alone.

Until next Wednesday, what say we let sleeping dogs - and hogs - lie...or, lay...or whatever that goofy saying is.  :-P

Quoting the Stones??  I would never have expected that from you, Isbig :-D!!!  You're brother-in-law maybe, but never you . . .

Easy there, Hollywood - if RC's as good as advertised, he'll draw attention no matter where he is.

Granted, he may not be on TV as much, but since his family will probably travel to watch him play a lot of the time anyway, I'm really not sure how big a deal that is - wherever he goes.

Memo to Isbig - must you poke your finger in the eye of all our rivals?

I see slams against Arkansas and TU in today's posts alone.

Until next Wednesday, what say we let sleeping dogs - and hogs - lie...or, lay...or whatever that goofy saying is.  :-P

i like oral roberts. I absolutley LOVED going to the mid con tourney here in town and seeing ORU cut down the nets. Even got to talk to Eddie Sutton last year and thanked him for what he did for UA basketball.

but when people take shots at my hogs i gotta lay it out there like it is.

I guess he will get attention at ORU if he performs. I mean even Jared Jordan from Marist got a little love last season.

good luck this season.

Thanks, Hollywood.  Good luck to you guys, too, both on the court and in the Rotnei Sweepstakes.

And let us know if you hear any good scoop in the next week on the latter...  8-)