Re: Rotnei Clarke

dchief42

If you were Rotnei Clarke what school would you sign with?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. If you were Rotnei Clarke what school would you sign with?

• Kansas
    • Oklahoma
    • Oklahoma State
    • Oral Roberts
    • Tulsa
    • Kentucky
    • Arizona State
    • Other

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ORUTerry

• Old Titan

• tmh8286

• Bogus Smith

lol its probly gonna be an ORU landslide since this is an ORU message board.  But this is if you were actually him and you had all of those offers in front of you.

UK fans are reporting that Rotnei will be visiting sometime this month. It would be hard to turn down a Kansas or Kentucky but I'd still say ORU due to playing time and match-up factors in the SEC/Big 12. That's not a knock on Rotnei (I don't doubt that he could put up numbers in those bigger leagues), just a fact that he would start from day one at schools like ORU and TU

At ORU Rotnei will still be seen on ESPN (we're gonna play a few time this upcoming season in addition to bracket-buster and the post season)... and we've already shown that we can play with anybody given the chance.

Rotnei Clarke has been playing this week in Charlottesville, VA at an NBA Players Association showcase for the top high school players in the country.

Apparently, the going has been a little rough, as the following clip from Rivals.com regarding Wednesday's action indicates, but it sounds like he adapted well:

"Rotnei Clarke has struggled to get his shots in two days of action so when the ball hit his hands, he went to work on his own. Clark did some good things with the dribble to put himself into position to score points, 12 to be exact which is twice as much as he has scored all camp long. On one possession against Kemba Walker, renown defender, Clark drove baseline, dribbled behind his back to move closer to the middle of the floor and put up a gorgeous floater."

Here is a quote from Willie Warren concerning both he and Rotnei:

"I have made the decision that I am going to go where Rotnei Clarke goes," said Warren. "I have been playing with Rotnei for a long time and I feel comfortable playing with him. I don't want to miss a beat wherever I go, so he and I are going to attend the same college.

"Kansas, Kentucky and Oklahoma are the same schools recruiting Rotnei and I," he added. "I still need to trim my list of schools and I still need to take some visits, but I am going to play with Rotnei is college. We are very close friends and we have decided to play with each other."

ORU was noticeably absent from that list of schools.... :-D

ORU was noticeably absent from that list of schools.... :-D

Terry, is that on purpose that you used a smiley there?

If I were Rotnei's parents I would advise him to let the big name schools pursue him with the best they have to offer and get every bit of media hype possible - competition improves the value of the product (perception is reality to most people). Then I would tell him to sign with the school he truly wants to go to (hopefully ORU). The press following him through the recruiting process should also continue following him at the school he selects during his college career. 

Terry, was that smile really a smirk?

No, I was not attempting any subliminal message. Just pointing out that Willie doesn't have us listed - and he seems pretty adamant and definitive about attending the same school as Rotnei. Kentucky and Kansas are top notch basketball schools and Oklahoma is a local choice.

Those are big statements by Warren. I wonder if he really means that. Does he follow through if Rotnei chooses ORU? How much pressure does that really put on Rotnei to pick a school that is right for both of them? OU and Kentucky would appear to be the leaders in this scenario, but it is still very early. Clarke said that he will wait until possibly next spring to make a decision. This saga gets more and more exciting every day.

How much pressure does that really put on Rotnei to pick a school that is right for both of them?

I was thinking the same thing...and this is what makes me a little nervous about our chances...more so than before.

• 2 weeks later...

This is from an interview with Rotnei and OU's James Hale on his website OUinsider.com.

JH: What schools are you still considering at this point?

RC: ?I am still considering a good number of good schools. I am still considering Kentucky, OU, New Mexico, Tulsa and Arizona State. They are my five teams right now.?

http://ouinsider.com/news/story.php?article=130

RC: ?I am still considering a good number of good schools. I am still considering Kentucky, OU, New Mexico, Tulsa and Arizona State. They are my five teams right now.?

Obviously not a good sign...

C'mon, guys. If you have learned anything about this process by now, it is that you have to take statements like these with a grain of salt. We will know how this ends up soon enough. Just don't take an interview where he doesn't mention ORU as a slight on him choosing us.

C'mon, guys. If you have learned anything about this process by now, it is that you have to take statements like these with a grain of salt. We will know how this ends up soon enough. Just don't take an interview where he doesn't mention ORU as a slight on him choosing us.

I'm not taking it as a slight on us or that we aren't getting him bc we aren't in his top 5 right now, I just read that on the OU board and I thought I'd share...