Wichita Radison

orumom

If any of you haven't made reservations yet, we were able to get rooms at the Radison Broadview Hotel in Wichita on Priceline for $55 per night.(Thanks to Geof Haxton for giving us the tip)  It is a 3 star hotel (regularly $99 per night). They have a great restaurant and are conveniently located.  It is where our team stayed the last time we played in the NCAA Tournament in Wichita.  Al Capone used to stay there, but it has been totally updated since then.  :wink:

We're staying there too!!  Must be the place for cool people. :-D

I hope you're right, but after doing a little homework, I frankly could not ignore this (scroll down their page for the reviews):

TripAdvisor.com Hotel Reviews

I found similar reviews at Expedia.com and Orbitz.com.

For what it's worth, the Courtyard Marriott East is just $69 a night with a AAA club discount, $74 without.  Considered a "two-and-a-half" star property, it rated a 4.8 out of 5 points in similar reviews.  It also has a full breakfast buffet for $7.50 a person.

I hope you're right, but after doing a little homework, I frankly could not ignore this (scroll down their page for the reviews):

TripAdvisor.com Hotel Reviews

I found similar reviews at Expedia.com and Orbitz.com.

For what it's worth, the Courtyard Marriott East is just $69 a night with a AAA club discount, $74 without.  Considered a "two-and-a-half" star property, it rated a 4.8 out of 5 points in similar reviews.  It also has a full breakfast buffet for $7.50 a person.

I also will be there but old titan right.....reviews not good. 

Well...we made a great choice. We were allowed to check in at 11am instead of waiting until 3pm. The rooms are beautiful, the air conditioning feels great and the staff is very friendly.  As for the breakfast buffet...$6.95.

There are some people who have unrealistic expectations and no one could please them.

I'm glad it worked out for you guys.

But, frankly, after seeing all those bad reviews, I was worried about recommending it to folks so whole-heartedly.

Wouldn't want anyone feeling like the ol' ORU message board led them astray, would we?  :-)

For those of you that were here for our last Regional in Wichita (2002?), the Broadview is where the team stayed, but it was under a different hotel name and brand - it wasn't a Radisson at that time.  The team is staying across the way at a different hotel this Regional.  It was deja-vu when we checked in yesterday afternoon.

The hotel is fine, but not a Priceline 3-star (2 or 2-1/2 stars at best).  All of the reviews that we read online were accurate, but you usually only hear about the bad stuff on those things (people are usually fumed when they have a bad experience) and rarely the good stuff (although many people who have time will take the time to write about a good experience).

My biggest gripe??  There's no coffee in the hotel lobby so I don't wake up the rest of the group trying to make it in my room!! :cry::roll: