11 AM start for the ORU/Oakland DH today!

tmh8286

Early start for the game today - ORUBlue82 will probably just be rolling out of bed about game time out there in the Westerlands.  Is that right, Blue??? :-D

Are you kidding??? - I was up before the sun! (of course, that was before my morning nap)...

Oakland's hanging tough with the Eagles in Game 1.

After 5 innings, the game is tied at three, and that's only because Erik Crichton entered the game in relief of Jerry Sullivan, with one down and runners at 2nd and 3rd, and struck out both batters he faced.  Clutch performance!

Yes, in the second game ORU is up 5-0 in the sixth.  ORU won the first game, but I don't remember the score.  Something like 8-3 or thereabouts.  The wheels fell off for Oakland in the top of the eighth inning.  There was some controversy - the Oakland catcher gave Duffy a shoulder or something during a play at home plate, I don't know what happened exactly, but Jake was beaned, I think he charged the pitcher, I think Carter McQuigg was somehow involved in the altercation, and both of them were tossed from the game, along with one other, but I'm not sure who the other was.  I was outside working in the yard, and had taken my earphones out for a minute and missed Geoff's call of the altercation.  In any event, ORU went on to score four that inning, I believe.

ORU just scored on a single by Jake to make the score 6-0, I think in the top of the sixth.