1-4 NCAA Regionals TBA TBA

9-11 NCAA Super Regionals TBA TBA

16-24 College World Series Omaha, NE TBA

All Times Central

# - UTA Invitational

$ - Rockhounds Classic

* - Mid-Continent Conference Games

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting 2006 schedule, with many more home games, and generally weaker opponents than in previous years. Great home-and-home series with the Hogs, Shockers and Pokes, leaving only Sunny's Sooners out of the loop (hmm...). The only "big-name" travel of the year appears to be the three game series with Tulane, and who knows what the Green Wave will put on the field after Hurricane Katrina (or if there IS a field in New Orleans?).

With this schedule, and a typical Mid-Con, ORU should be looking at 45-50 wins going into the NCAA tourney - but will they be "tested" enough to produce???

I thought I read where the Green Wave (aptly named don't you think?) is making plans to discontinue numerous sports programs because of funding problems caused by the hurricane. Tulane can't get students to return to campus and therefore there is no tuition money. Other schools have raided their professors and they are in serious danger of imploding - or at least shrinking significantly.

Yea, this is a pretty weak schedule. I have seen alot better, but this is against some pretty good programs, its just not like it was the past two years where we would play 4 or 5 top 25 teams, not including possilbe tournemtn teams like the Alamo, or Cola classic...

at least we have OSU, WSU, Arkansas, and Tulane..

7 Southwest Missouri State Tulsa 3:00

No such team exists. But you guys do play Missouri State on March 7th. :wink:

Good luck this year, Ill be cheering for you guys to go 43-1.

This looks like a good schedule for this team, not as brutal as last years. It has some good teams on it that are ranked, and a couple on good series at home. If we can get some more help on mound we could be dangerous.

• 2 weeks later...

It's hard to believe that we're within 3 weeks of starting baseball season...I can't wait!! Not only does it mean watching good baseball, but it means warmer weather is coming! 8)

Does anyone know why some of the Sunday games (Mar 5, 26; Apr 2) are listed as TBA starting times? There must be some logic to it - just don't know what it is - perhaps opponent's travel schedules?

I would bet that you're right, ORUBlue82. With that being Get Away Day, and travel plans not being finalized, I'm sure that ORU would like to make the start times as late as possible to get the crowds past the church time. I don't know that ORU likes starting their Mid-Con doubleheaders at noon but need to in order to get two games in so that teams can get back home.

haven't seen alot but i've had a chance to see some. Hitting looks alot better this year, I'm not too sure how thier going to do in replacing the deep bullpen that graduated though (bigley, hancock, towery, recio). Alot of the problems last year came from the lack of slugging ability and the decent amount of strike-outs, and the strength came from the pitching, if the pitching comes through this year (as Walton always does a great job in bullpen). Loof for Torres, Kelly Minissale, Taylor McIntyre, Nick Jones, Debondt, and Daniel Greenwalt to be the team leaders and to have a monster year.

I heard on the ORU coaches hour that new recruit Marcus Tackett (I think that was his name) is out for the season. Coach Walton said that he probably would have been our 4th pitcher and played some third base. Thats pretty impressive for a freshman. Coach Walton also said that he was one of the biggest recruits that ORU has gotten recently. So it is sad to see him go down for the season.

• 3 weeks later...

I understand that it's hard for small schools to bring big name opponents for a weekend, but that's what has to be done to attract non-alums. The Mid-Con schedule is as attractive as Star Jones.

Tuesday games are nice, but weekends are where the bank is made.

My $0.02