Arkansas Game Tonight at 7 p.m. (Weather Updates)

Mike Minyard

What sucks for the students is they are not allowed to go...ICBM conference.  WHy does the school do this? It's one of, if not the biggest, regular season games for ORU baseball.  We support Basketball, but Baseball, which has been the schools best sports program for a long time, gets no recognition/support. 

Good guys win 5-3!  Looks like it was an amazing game.  Chapman struck out 17, including the first six batters of the game and the first two in the 9th.  He then gave up two hits to put the tying run on, and Jarman came in for the 1-batter save.  Nice work by Rob giving Chapman the "chance" to finish the game but no chance for the loss.  8.2 innings, 3 runs (2 earned) on only 5 hits for Chapman.

Too bad Chapman couldn't get that final out, but I thought Walton did what he had to do with taking him out.  We stayed till the end of the eighth, and that was the most quiet I can remember the Hog faithful being.  Chance just didn't give them much to cheer about!

I wondered what was said on the radio about the last out from Arkansas.  I thought sure that it was going to be a homerun.  Whew!!!  Too close for me.

I wondered what was said on the radio about the last out from Arkansas.  I thought sure that it was going to be a homerun.  Whew!!!  Too close for me.

Geoff said something like, "This one's going deep, Minissale is giving chase, he's back to the track, to the wall, AND HE MAKES THE CATCH!!!  HE MAKES THE CATCH!!!  A GREAT PLAY BY KELLY MINISSALE TO END THE GAME, AND THE EAGLES WIN OVER ARKANSAS, 5-3!!!"

Or something like that. 

:-D

Nicely done TMH.  You got it right during a very exciting moment for all of us. 

I thought it was at least off the wall when it left the bat.  Glad to see it fall into Kelly's mit after he struggled with that earlier pop up.  He didn't struggle this time.  Great win.  Fun to call.

TMH, as you mentioned in another post, Chance had 149 pitches in the game last night.  That's a whole lot of pitches for anyone.  Put on top of that the fact that he finished the game on Friday night in California where we won 2-1.  Chapman is starting to become a "go-to" guy for our pitching staff.  I would not expect him to pitch this weekend due to the number of pitches pitched last night, but I would expect Chance to start against Wichita State next Tuesday (hopefully for another stellar outing).  

If I were a betting man, I think Chance is our Mid-Con Pitcher of the Week for next week.

:-D

Nicely done TMH.  You got it right during a very exciting moment for all of us. 

I thought it was at least off the wall when it left the bat.  Glad to see it fall into Kelly's mit after he struggled with that earlier pop up.  He didn't struggle this time.  Great win.  Fun to call.

Thanks, Geoff!  Our family had stayed till the end of the eighth inning, but my wife wanted to get our school-agers home.  We were in the car on the drive home when the final play occurred, and as soon as you said, "HE MADE THE CATCH!!", there was a mighty shout from everyone!  Great call, Geoff, great play, great game, great team, great coaching, great pitching, great evening for baseball, just everything was great last night!

If I were a betting man, I think Chance is our Mid-Con Pitcher of the Week for next week.

Tyson Ross got national player of the week by Collegiate Baseball following his performance last week in a loss to ORU.  Putting up similar numbers and actually winning the game against the #7 team in the country should warrent similar recognition for Chapman.

LINK