* * * Head Coaching Jobs Watch * * *

Old Titan

There you go! Around 250,000 everything included in probably pretty close and no it would not make much sense to only get around 300,000 a year if you are leaving a place you are very comfortable at. Whoever gets that job it won't be at 300,000 a year.

Well if he is making 250,000 then it wouldnt be 300,000. They wont pay him 750,000 but id think they would double what he is paid now.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ORUTerry

• tmh8286

• Old Titan

• vcboy2000

That is kinda what i was thinking that 500,000 would be a nice number to start. The Winthrop coach has a sweet deal if he is keeping the guarantee $$!

Coach Sutton is going to get taken care of at ORU.  I would be "shocked" to see him leave.

Hog fans are truly enamored of John Pelphrey.  He did at least two things that Altman didn't do - he put on the Razorback ball cap and, more importantly, he called the hogs, to the delight of the Razorback faithful.

From the Wichita Eagle:

Texas A&M schedules Tuesday news conference

BY PAUL SUELLENTROP, The Wichita Eagle

As Wichita State basketball coach Mark Turgeon and his wife landed at Mid-Continent Airport tonight, Texas A&M announced that a news conference would be held at 3 p.m. Tuesday -- presumably to name Turgeon the new Aggies coach.

Announced this AM on KRMG - Rick Barnes at the University of Texas just received a $200,000/yr raise.  He's now making $2,000,000 per year, according to radio report.

I'd like to see him retire a Longhorn...I really like Barnes. Him and Mack Brown came into UT within one year of each other and took both programs from mediocre to consistent national players.

Good move for Wichita State.  He may have some trouble recruiting the Midwest till he gets a few contacts built up, but I still think he's a good move for WSU.  According to the Winthrop message board, he's a very demonstrative coach, and I don't know that I would like that style of coaching, personally, but I think he's an excellent coach.  Really built Winthrop into a perennial power.

One thing I found interesting was that Marshall was in the northeast visiting WSU's recruits, one in New Hampshire and one in Washington, D.C., and was present when nineteen year old Guy Ntang collapsed and died last night.  Apparently Turgeon was recruiting that area.  So maybe the fact that Marshall is basically a southern guy doesn't really matter that much.

That program needs some new blood, badly. It will definitely take a while, but hopefully this new coach can make their program respectable.