Football Question for the ORU Faithful

BasPlayr

Will you be going to Memphis to represent Tulsa on Dec. 30th?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be going to Memphis to represent Tulsa on Dec. 30th?

• Yes?
    • No?
    • Might consider?

How many of you are going to attend the Bowl Game in Memphis?

The reason I ask is because there has been comments about how poorly TULSA travels. Considering the limited Alumni base for a relatively small school, at times Tulsa has travelled pretty well, especially to Bowl Games. But, it cannot be just TU alums and faithful fans that have travelled to previous bowls, so it must have something to do with Civic pride.

I'm looking to see how many of you would be going to watch a local team. I already know Voice is going, but I'm just curious how many ORU fans that would support TU football there are?

Not too sure my vote is relevant since I don't live in Tulsa anymore, but I'll be chillin on the beach down in FL come the 30th.

Not too sure my vote is relevant since I don't live in Tulsa anymore, but I'll be chillin on the beach down in FL come the 30th.

Come on Adder, New Years on Beale Street AND you get to hang with the Voice??!!? How could life get any Sweeter? :lol:

Just want to clarify something for you all.

I didn't mean represent TU, i ment represent the City of Tulsa .

I have asked the same question of many Tulsa OU & OSU fans and many of them thought I meant representing the school.

Bowl game attendance, just like post season BB tournament attendance, is as much about representing the city the school happens to be in as it is about representing the school.

I think it would be a fun game to attend and watch. If I had more vacation days (and a few more shekels) I would consider the trip. I will certainly be watching (and cheering) the game at home.

Dude, I rarely travel with ORU when they are on the road. I think the Mo State game last year was actually my first road game ever in 5 years. Nothing against TU. I would probably go under normal circumstances just as a sports fan for the city, but I'm always out of state during the holidays.

Terry & VC;

This game is a little more difficult for a lot of people with the holidays and all, so I fully understand. I actually thought that TU was going to end up in the Ft Worth Bowl. Now that game would have been more doable for a lot more people. Drive down the day of the game, don't really need to spend the night, so drive back afterwards and be home by 11:00pm.

I found rooms at $90 and am driving so that will make the per person total for me around $225.

As I understand it there is a push on to have a chartered bus that will leave Tulsa around 3:00am, and return right after the game. The estimated cost for that trip would be around $140 per plus meals and extras.

Wish you guys could join us.

Good luck against OU on the 28th, i have a feeling you all have a very good shot at pulling the "minor upset". Definately will go a long way to legitimizing your squad to a lot of people.