ORU v. Omaha

Bogus Smith

Now we should be looking further ahead.  The OU game on Tuesday - albeit an important regional game - is like having a player at third in the ninth inning with two outs when you're ahead by two runs.  You don't care about the runner - just get the guy at the plate.  We need to get better in the League and hope that this will translate to positive gains in our mid-week games.

The Omaha series is BIG for us this season.  They are currently the #1 seed in the SL tournament and will provide us with a good look at what we are made of.  We are 1-8 in conference games at home - lost all three series played and swept in two of them.  We MUST take care of business at home, especially since the tournament will be played in Tulsa.

We will know more about where we stand at this time next week during graduation weekend.  By Sunday, we will have won the series already or we will be here at this same place wondering whether we are even going to make the tournament (which we should with UNC coming to Tulsa soon).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

You probably saw the schedule change for this weekend. A doubleheader on Friday and a single game on Saturday. Looks like no game on Sunday.

• Like 1

@titansforever thanks for making us aware of the schedule change.  Don't tell my boss there is ORU baseball Friday afternoon. 🤐

1 minute ago, Otis 83 said:

@titansforever thanks for making us aware of the schedule change.  Don't tell my boss there is ORU baseball Friday afternoon. 🤐

You're welcome! First game on Friday is at 3:00. Second game will start shortly after it ends (possibly 5:30, or at 6:00). Of course, the weather folks are predicting rain on Friday and Saturday. We'll have to see how it works out.

"Game? What game, boss?" 😛

16 hours ago, titansforever said:

You're welcome! First game on Friday is at 3:00. Second game will start shortly after it ends (possibly 5:30, or at 6:00). Of course, the weather folks are predicting rain on Friday and Saturday. We'll have to see how it works out.

"Game? What game, boss?" 😛

Fortunately I can position the personal laptop right below one of my work monitors so it is not apparent on Teams that I have the game on.  It just looks like I'm glancing down at my notebook.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Otis 83 said:

Fortunately I can position the personal laptop right below one of my work monitors so it is apparent on Teams that I have the game on.  It just looks like I'm glancing down at my notebook.

Where there's a will, there's a way.......

3 hours ago, titansforever said:

You probably saw the schedule change for this weekend. A doubleheader on Friday and a single game on Saturday. Looks like no game on Sunday.

I’m not sure why there wouldn’t be a third game attempt for Sunday, field and weather permitting. 

It’s supposed to start raining in Tulsa early Thursday morning, lasting until early Friday morning. This might explain the unusually late start time of 3:00pm for a doubleheader Friday; some field prep is likely anticipated once the weather hopefully moves out Friday morning. A 3:00pm start for the day might even be a bit optimistic.

Intermittent thunderstorms are scheduled again for all day and night Saturday (hence the Friday doubleheader) before becoming more hit-and-miss Sunday. 

So, hopefully they can get two games in Friday, even if they have to start later than 3:00pm, rest up Saturday, and squeeze a third game in some time Sunday before the league curfew goes into effect early that evening. 

Let’s just hope we don’t have another tie game late Sunday to make things even more confusing. As it is, the league standings are starting to look like a soccer table with all the draws so far due to the Sunday curfew…

16 hours ago, titansforever said:

Where there's a will, there's a way.......

I saw this morning that the Rangers are playing this afternoon.  This will not be my most productive week.  I made a B in Risk Management because of too many afternoon games at JLJ my senior year at ORU.  Good old Jack Haney thought it was important that I attend his class.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

It's IMPERATIVE that ORU get two wins this weekend no matter what....if they only get two games in due to weather then the Good Guys just have to win both or we are just treading water.....we need a little help from the weather gods.......is it too much to ask for little or no precipitation??? Please!!?? Image result for evan almighty photos

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

It's IMPERATIVE that ORU get two wins this weekend no matter what....if they only get two games in due to weather then the Good Guys just have to win both or we are just treading water.....we need a little help from the weather gods.......is it too much to ask for little or no precipitation??? Please!!?? Image result for evan almighty photos

So far so good, eagleman!! Sunny and bright on my side of town. Now if it will just stay that way . . .

Need to get these 3 games in and win at least 2.....otherwise it won't be looking good come Monday in the Summit League standings.....TheEagleman praying that South Tulsa remains mainly dry......."Evan Almighty" — (Steve Carell 1280x544)

Anyone have thoughts on how moving game 3 from Sunday to Saturday will impact the Joshua Caravalho start?  I can't seem to find a box that has his pitch count and I don't recall what it was when he left the game.  I do know that he pitched 3 innings and faced 10 batters.  I also know that a Saturday game 3 means one less day of rest than was expected.  

Obviously this is a moot point of game 3 is rained out.  Just looking for something to think about other than what a rip off the Summit League Network is.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Otis 83 said:

Anyone have thoughts on how moving game 3 from Sunday to Saturday will impact the Joshua Caravalho start?  I can't seem to find a box that has his pitch count and I don't recall what it was when he left the game.  I do know that he pitched 3 innings and faced 10 batters.  I also know that a Saturday game 3 means one less day of rest than was expected.  

Obviously this is a moot point of game 3 is rained out.  Just looking for something to think about other than what a rip off the Summit League Network is.

Josh pitched around 40 pitches in three innings of work on Tuesday.  I would expect to see Owen Reynolds start on Saturday night, but Josh should be available for middle reliever work - even on Friday.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Bogus Smith said:

Josh pitched around 40 pitches in three innings of work on Tuesday.  I would expect to see Owen Reynolds start on Saturday night, but Josh should be available for middle reliever work - even on Friday.

I’m not sure how flexible this is, but that doesn’t seem to be the plan currently

43 minutes ago, ORob2 said:

I’m not sure how flexible this is, but that doesn’t seem to be the plan currently

That's good....I like Josh in the starter's role.  I would think that Owen Reynolds will be the middle inning reliever then.

Tulsa weather looks good today for getting in a DH....but tomorrow might be iffy......GO BLUE!!! :shield-logo:

For all the talk about bad weather expected this weekend, can't help but wonder if THIS may have been any factor in rescheduling Saturday's game...

unnamed.jpg

30 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

For all the talk about bad weather expected this weekend, can't help but wonder if THIS may have been any factor in rescheduling Saturday's game...

unnamed.jpg

It has EVERYTHING to do with the switch.  The game was an evening game reschedule before the double header.

• Like 1