ORU at Wichita State

theeagleman5

TheEagleman not sure he can bear to watch...so I won't...any chance there might be a sighting of our former men's basketball coach in the stands?...uh....probably not.    GO BLUE!!!   :shield-logo:

Good guys jump out to a 6-0 lead in the 2nd inning at Wichita State with SEVEN hits, including a grand slam from lead-off DH Alex Rodgers (his first dinger of the season).

That's ORU's first lead in 23 innings (since the 4th frame Friday night vs. St. Thomas) and their largest lead since Sunday, April 7th at Northern Colorado (a 15-8 Golden Eagle win).

Left fielder Sam Thompson with the dubious distinction of making two of the three Golden Eagle outs in the inning as they sent 11 batters to the plate.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

TheEagleman not sure he can bear to watch...so I won't...any chance there might be a sighting of our former men's basketball coach in the stands?...uh....probably not.    GO BLUE!!!   :shield-logo:

We both missed out, eagleman! I planned to watch but just forgot until the very end. Tuned in JUST in time to see the double play to end the game! How's that for timing? The beauty of ESPN+ is that I can watch it tomorrow, in all it's glory!!

There is still a pulse in the team after all. Always a treat to win at Wichita St where they love their baseball. Let's hope this carries over to the weekend in Fargo....GO BLUE!!! :tb-white:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

15 hours ago, tmh8286 said:

We both missed out, eagleman! I planned to watch but just forgot until the very end. Tuned in JUST in time to see the double play to end the game! How's that for timing? The beauty of ESPN+ is that I can watch it tomorrow, in all it's glory!!

You can do that because ESPN+ posts replays very quickly unlike the SLN which, to put it bluntly, stinks.  Currently workshopping an email to Commissioner Hockey on this topic.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1