St. Thomas at ORU

theeagleman5

Looks like a beautiful weekend for baseball in Tulsa .....Good Guys need Jakob Hall to throw his best and also must have some timely hitting....trusting it will be a boistrous crowd at JLJ....this is a MUST WIN Series....GO BLUE!!! :tb-blue:

• Upvote 3

This team is 12-20-1. Last season, we ended at 52-14. How did we fall so far? Very distressing. I don't have a good feeling about the rest of this season. I just hope we can turn things around.

• Like 1

For starters, every position player except the third baseman left.  Then we moved our DH to first base.  Lost our closer and another reliever that we relied heavily on.  One of our weekend starters is pitching in Canada.  I may be missing something else. 

I'm not making excuses I promise you.  No one is more disappointed, or had higher expectations, than me.  That having been said, there's a lot of talent from last year's team that is currently playing at the next level in some form or another.

I also hope that we turn things around.....and soon.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

For starters, every position player except the third baseman left.  Then we moved our DH to first base.  Lost our closer and another reliever that we relied heavily on.  One of our weekend starters is pitching in Canada.  I may be missing something else. 

I'm not making excuses I promise you.  No one is more disappointed, or had higher expectations, than me.  That having been said, there's a lot of talent from last year's team that is currently playing at the next level in some form or another.

Thanks for the perspective. You're right--we lost a lot of talent from 2023. The only way to go is up! 

No hitter not on tonight’s menu after the first pitch bunt. However, ORU guns down lead off man trying to steal second.man no GIF

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, El Jefe 11 said:

No hitter not on tonight’s menu after the first pitch bunt. However, ORU guns down lead off man trying to steal second.man no GIF

The Honor Code clearly states: No stealing. (Unless it's an ORU baseball player committing the act.)

• Haha 3

Another bad, almost inexplicable loss.  Two untimely errors leading to two unearned runs and the home team falls 3-2.  The Tommies had nine hits, all singles, with only one of them clearing the infield on the fly.  ORU is also aided by three Tommie errors, but only leading to one run.  All of the positive momentum from last week crashes to a halt.

• Like 1

Ouch....gotta win the next two. :shield-logo:

6 hours ago, Otis 83 said:

But it didn't start tonight . . .

Talk about two MUST wins today and tomorrow.....Good Guys have to step up or they are facing a very difficult road for the rest of April and May.....ORU just has to beat the Tommies and take this series or blood will be in the water and the sharks will come feasting.....GO BLUE!!! :tb-white:

• Upvote 1

The sad thing about last night is that we wasted a fine performance by Jakob Hall and left way too many players in scoring position.  it was a frustrating game to watch.  I'm looking forward to some FUN games to watch!!  

Vibing Major League Baseball GIF by MLB

• Upvote 1

I'm really getting tired of seeing ORU baserunners thrown out at home.  

8 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

I'm really getting tired of seeing ORU baserunners thrown out at home.  

ORU can’t seem to get a break in ANY aspect of the game. Seems like they lose at every flip of the coin.

Well...thats almost always a trait of a bad baseball team....🫣

• Upvote 1

Just not gonna happen this year. Who would have thought this ORU team would be done by Masters weekend? 😬

• Upvote 1

Had the last two runs in the 9th by the Tommies not materialized, we may still be playing baseball after the blast by Drew Stahl.  UST had good, timely hits and some very good fielding plays.  The first baseman made a miracle catch behind his back in fair territory that would have started a great rally had it been uncaught, but the luck went to the Tommies today and they have taken a series (their first) from our beloved Golden Eagles.

• Upvote 1

Time to see what we have with some of the players on the bench.

Adam Sandler Put Me In Coach GIF

Doesn't appear that we are off to a great start.