Missouri St @ ORU

Otis 83

Anyone else having trouble signing into MidCoMinus?

15 minutes after first pitch it finally lets me in.  What a Mickey Mouse operation.  No, that's an insult to Mickey.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Otis 83 said:

Anyone else having trouble signing into MidCoMinus?

I did early on - when I hit “Watch”  I got a message that I needed to subscribe, but when I hit subscribe it said I was already subscribed and enjoyed the broadcast! Round and around I went!! When I was about ready to contact Midco for some help broadcast came up.  Very frustrating.

6 minutes ago, tmh8286 said:

I did early on - when I hit “Watch”  I got a message that I needed to subscribe, but when I hit subscribe it said I was already subscribed and enjoyed the broadcast! Round and around I went!! When I was about ready to contact Midco for some help broadcast came up.  Very frustrating.

I contacted MidCo and this was the response I got.

Thank you for contacting us.

Since our team only handles issues with the payment and access processing, for this particular issue, please get in touch with the publisher of the content directly, via the contact intended for content-related issues provided on the content webpage.

We hope this answer was helpful.

Have a great day!

Doesn't not being able to log in seem to be "access processing?"  I replied and told him to tell his bosses their service is horrible.

So they wanted you to contact ORU? I’m thinking your complaint is probably what got me on!

If you were to estimate the number of runs we've given up on wild pitches and pass balls what would it be? 

If you had to estimate the number of opposing team runners who reached on BB or HBP what would that be?

Wheels are officially off. Feels like a return to two weeks ago. A little disappointing after a strong weekend at Northern Colorado. 

The pitching depth seems to be severely lacking.  If it weren’t for Jakob Hall flirting with pitching a complete game every Friday, and we had to use even more arms for that game, I think we’d be in a world of hurt.  Obviously, mid week games are the least important (and least telling) for every team, but this seems to be the result of not having a 4th “starting caliber” pitcher, and great relievers.

• Upvote 1

A merciful ending. It’s hard to watch when our beloved Golden Eagles are struggling.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, ORob2 said:

The pitching depth seems to be severely lacking.  If it weren’t for Jakob Hall flirting with pitching a complete game every Friday, and we had to use even more arms for that game, I think we’d be in a world of hurt.  Obviously, mid week games are the least important (and least telling) for every team, but this seems to be the result of not having a 4th “starting caliber” pitcher, and great relievers.

The Missouri State 7th inning was a microcosm of this season's challenges.

Here's the painful play-by-play:

Reached on error by pitcher, advanced to third (THREE BASE ERROR)

Walked

Struck out (OUT 1)

Wild pitch, run scored and runner advances to second

Walked

Hit by pitch

Walked, run scored

Wild pitch, run scored, runners advance to second and third

Walked

Hit by pitch, run scored, runners advance to second and third

Grounded into double play (OUTS 2-3)

FOUR RUNS, NO HITS, ONE ERROR

In all my years of following ORU Baseball, I can NEVER remember an opponent scoring four runs in an inning on no hits.  It may be an all-time record.

The ONLY silver lining - it was a non-conference game.

• Upvote 2

Sanford pitched well so that was encouraging.

Eleven walks given up!!

• Upvote 2

Eleven walks?!?!?!?.....that's horrific!....and this is when playing in the friendly confines of JLJ.....you guys still thinking SWEEP over the weekend vs. St. Thomas????? Image result for jim mora playoffs

15 hours ago, Otis 83 said:

If you were to estimate the number of runs we've given up on wild pitches and pass balls what would it be? 

If you had to estimate the number of opposing team runners who reached on BB or HBP what would that be?

No one responded to this, Otis. Do you have numbers you'd like to share with us?

20 minutes ago, tmh8286 said:

No one responded to this, Otis. Do you have numbers you'd like to share with us?

No I don't. 

For my second question, what I meant to ask his how many opposing baserunners who reached that way scored against us.  I did go through the team stats and add the HBP and BB totals.   BB is 168 and HBP is 56.  That is 224 free passes!  That's 7 a game or almost 1 per inning.  Unreal. If I remain worked up and find some time I may try to figure how many of these 224 base runners scored. 

Spolier alert....the answer to neither queston is a small number.

• Upvote 3

This ORU team has now played over 30 games which is halfway thru the season....what we see is what we get.....and it's been a sad state of affairs with poor pitching (other than Jakob Hall), sub-par defense and inconsistent hitting....at this point if we don't win 2 of 3 vs. St. Thomas at home this weekend then I am afraid that this Golden Eagles team is going to struggle to make the Summit League Tournament let alone contend for the Top Seed.....TheEagleman agrees that the regular season title is still there for the taking but ORU needs to get serious and fast.....maybe it's just not in this bunch....to be honest, I haven't watched them much but from what i am reading thanks to Otis, TMH, Old Titan and the Smiths.....these guys just don't seem to have it and the Tommies are going to come and try to pour salt in our wounds.....time for the Good Guys to play some serious baseball.....GO BLUE!!!! :tb-white:

• Upvote 1

Sorry if I offend some here but barring nothing short of a miracle this team will go down as one of the worst if not the worst baseball team ORU has ever fielded.  Forget the whole "it will take time for them to jell" argument, what I have seen watching from afar is a complete lack of being able to even master the basics of the game such as pitching, catching, fielding and hitting.  Not to be Debbie Downer but at this point I do not see this team even making the SL Tourney.  Granted that the top four teams get the invite in a league which only has 5 teams so that bar is extremely low, still I do not have a lot of confidence.  I hope I am wrong.

• Upvote 2

Well said, 82....at this point everything you have stated is right on!....if nothing changes starting this weekend then it may be the ultimate embarrassment that we go from CWS contenders to not even making the Summit Tournament which we host......how the mighty have fallen......this is hard to fathom in just 9 months......sad but true..... TheEagleman is just confounded......watching ORU basketball last season was bad enough....now this?.....YIKES!!! Image result for cosmo kramer photos

• Upvote 3