***ORU vs Liberty Official Game Thread***

vcboy2000

Allright, gang! We're less than 10 minutes from tip-off. It's hard to believe that this is the last game before conference play. Let's hope the Golden Eagles can play strong and tough. We need to get off to a good start.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vcboy2000

• tmh8286

• thesportscritic

• LU Jim

Chello starting.  Interesting that Neeley made such a point of A-Lib starting.  He's been reading the message board  :-D.

It's a shame that the Presidential funeral of Gerald Ford is going on at the same time as the game.  I'll be trying to watch one and listen to the other.

Pre-Game Show Notes:

Larry Blair is Liberty's super stud guy that sparked their 19 pt comeback against Seton Hall last night. He averages 19 pts per game. They have 3 other guys that also average double digit scoring.

Coach Sutton said Moses Ehambe, who was food poisned, has recovered nicely. He has a lot more energy and should be ready to contribute tonight.

We have 2 more OOC games throughout the season. If we could win those and the game tonight it would be one of the best OOC seasons (9 wins) we've had since Sutton became the head guy.I think he said the most OOC wins in a season were 10.

Marchello Vealy will start in place of King.

Ken Tutt and Caleb Green lead the tournament in scoring.

Neely said that a lot of fans back home don't think this game will be competitive. I for one know that in college basketball no game can be taken for granted. I remember the look on the Kansas fans faces as I watched us take the win on their home floor.

Neely said that a lot of fans back home don't think this game will be competitive. I for one know that in college basketball no game can be taken for granted. I remember the look on the Kansas fans faces as I watched us take the win on their home floor.

I was thinking the same thing, vcb.  Maybe because I commented that there was a chance of taking two of three he thought we expected to take 2 of three, which wasn't what I meant at all.

This Liberty/ Liberty can get a lil confusing.

Ha!  LIberty (U) has turned it over several times, but I don't think we've really capitalized.  I don't think any of our points have come off of turnovers.

Good to see Moses getting in on some scoring action. Very good sign for him.

Man, Moses is on fire!  Remember a few years back when Michael Jordan had the flu during one of the NBA championship games and had one of his best games of the series?  Maybe Moses will do something like that.