***ORU vs Liberty Official Game Thread***

vcboy2000

ORU has a great team best of luck to you guys.  I will be stopping by from time to time.

Thanks for stopping by LU fans. I will also check on you guys from time to time also. Have a happy new year.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vcboy2000

• tmh8286

• thesportscritic

• LU Jim

Thanks for joining us tonight, LU Jim and thesportscritic.  It was fun visiting with you guys.  Best of luck on the rest of the season.  I'll be by and check in once in a while!

Does anybody know the precise rules regarding time outs? How many 30's, how many full TO's, and so on?  Cooper mentioned something about carryovers from the first half?

Each team gets three 30's and two full timeouts to start the game.  You automatically lose a 30 second timeout at the start of the second half if you don't use one in the first half.  Maybe you get four 30's... I'm a little rusty on the timeout rules even though I had to keep track of them on the bench the past three years.

How about this score from ealier today: 129-111 Penn State over VMI - in REGULATION!!  Can anybody on either team play DEFENSE???

VMI runs and throws up 3 points.  They press every possession, even after missed shots.  That type of score is normal for them.

As for the game, I'm not too sad I missed it.  I've been up in Lynchburg all day moving out of my apartment and into a house across town.  I get back home to NC and find this out.  Larry hasn't shot good at all the past 4 games and he blows up this game but no one else does anything.

I'd love to get a series going with ORU.  One of my best friends' mom went to ORU.  She's teaching at Wake now.  I've grown up Pentecostal too (grandson of a Church of God preacher) so I appreciate you guys.

Congrats on the game and good luck this season.

Each team gets three 30's and two full timeouts to start the game.  You automatically lose a 30 second timeout at the start of the second half if you don't use one in the first half.  Maybe you get four 30's... I'm a little rusty on the timeout rules even though I had to keep track of them on the bench the past three years.

Blevins can correct me if I'm wrong, but it's four 30's and one full.

VMI runs and throws up 3 points.  They press every possession, even after missed shots.  That type of score is normal for them.

As for the game, I'm not too sad I missed it.  I've been up in Lynchburg all day moving out of my apartment and into a house across town.  I get back home to NC and find this out.  Larry hasn't shot good at all the past 4 games and he blows up this game but no one else does anything.

I'd love to get a series going with ORU.  One of my best friends' mom went to ORU.  She's teaching at Wake now.  I've grown up Pentecostal too (grandson of a Church of God preacher) so I appreciate you guys.

Congrats on the game and good luck this season.

I was talking to a high school coach out in NC that had a relationship with the coaching staff at VMI.  They want to eventually (are?) shoot 50 three pointers per game.

Blevins can correct me if I'm wrong, but it's four 30's and one full.

It's two full timeouts for sure, and you get either three or four 30's.  Actually I'm pretty sure you get 4 30's and 2 fulls, and you automatically lose a 30 if you don't use it before half.

I was talking to a high school coach out in NC that had a relationship with the coaching staff at VMI.  They want to eventually (are?) shoot 50 three pointers per game.

We pulled a Big South doubleheader and drove over to VMI earlier this month.  They ran a promotion where they were trying to break the record for most 3 pointers made in a game (22 or something like that).  For every three they made, some organization was going to donate ___ amount of money.  They ended up with 12 or 13 or something like they.

It's two full timeouts for sure, and you get either three or four 30's.  Actually I'm pretty sure you get 4 30's and 2 fulls, and you automatically lose a 30 if you don't use it before half.

4 30's, 1 full. You don't use a 30 in the first half, you lose it. The first 30 to be called in the second half, regardless of team, becomes a full.

So each team has a number of time-outs to use from the beginning of the game?  It's not, say one full time out and two 30's in each half, or something like that? 

I always figured they got a set number for each half.  Guess I got that idea from rec league or something.

Thanks for the help, guys.

So each team has a number of time-outs to use from the beginning of the game?  It's not, say one full time out and two 30's in each half, or something like that? 

I always figured they got a set number for each half.  Guess I got that idea from rec league or something.

Thanks for the help, guys.

It's definitely 1 full and 4 30s for the entire game ... with each team only being able to carry 1 full and 3 30s into the second half.

I really liked the minute distribution better in this game. It was nice to see some people step up besides the big 2, someone needs to do it consistantly and on nights when it is needed. Tutt had 6 assists and 4 boards and only ONE turnover. I wish Sango and/or Liberty would show a little more on the offensive end. Liberty did have a respectable performance for a point with 5 boards and 4 boards...

ash  =o)

Winthrop is predicted to win the conference, but UNC-Asheville has a center that is 7 foot 8 inches.

We discussed this guy a little bit during the ORU/Liberty game the other night.  There's a thread on the Valpo message board about this player - Kenny George.  He was a Valpo recruit at one point, but according to their board, was passed on because they already had Kenny Harris. 

Anyway, I thought it was interesting to see a thread on their board about the same player at the same time we were discussing him.  They also mentioned his flat-footed dunk.

A new Paul Westhead-style LMU?  Cool!  I adore that kind of basketball.

LU is losing by 20 and have to play the University of Florida next!  But conference play will be easier, thank God.

Liberty - Florida game last night. Final score, 89-58 Forida.