2024 Signees

Bogus Smith

• 2 weeks later...

Another JUCO prospect, Blake hit .375-19-68 in 63 games this season at Seminole State, and is from Bixby

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

6 hours ago, ORob2 said:

Another JUCO prospect, Blake hit .375-19-68 in 63 games this season at Seminole State, and is from Bixby

"Can't go wrong with Bixby boy!"

- My Wife.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Golden Eagles need to be talking to my RHP 17 yr old grandson....🤩

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Golden Eagles need to be talking to my RHP 17 yr old grandson....🤩

"Can't go wrong with my grandson!"

- theeagleman5's Wife.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

The above photo was taken by the team photographer and appeared in the local paper in Jersey as Nolan was awarded the Leadership Award on the Cedar Creek HS team for 2023...I know TheEagleman is a proud grandfather but the kid has a very kind heart and is a natural born leader of men......would be a positive on any team.....not a big strikeout guy and his fastball is only mid-80s but a very smart pitcher with a plus breaking ball and change up.......:oru:

• Like 2

On 7/21/2023 at 11:03 AM, theeagleman5 said:

Nolan is VERY good but pitches on a mediocre HS team in So. Jersey.....he's also an A student and head of the Honor Society.....I think he is inclined to go to Atlantic County Comm College for a year or two if he wants to keep playing baseball because he gets free tuition....or he may just take an academic scholarship somewhere and try to walk on to the baseball team....a trip to ORU and Tulsa in the fall is a possiblity......if we do that we will try to set up a meeting with the ORU coaching staff......I think Nolan would thrive at a place like ORU and he does follow the program..... oh...notice the ORU hat and windbreaker....TheEagleman always wearing the brand......:tb-white:

nolan.jpg

South Jersey was once home to me!

Good luck to Nolan and hope he lands on ORUBase!

• Upvote 1

ORU picks up the everyday shortstop from Wichita State in the portal.  Glad that he has seen the light and wants to play for a winner! 😄

David is from Dale, OK (pop 352).  I wonder if he knows Dayton Forsythe well enough to persuade him to Tulsa v. Norman.

Herring's bio

• Like 5

You have to wonder... how much did ORU and Tennessee both participating in this year's CWS contribute to ORU landing the former Vol.  I'm assuming that the answer is... a LOT!

• Upvote 3

I think it could have had a significant impact.  The crowd support for ORU at the CWS was amazing.  If I was a bench player at another CWS school I would have been wondering about a chance to start at ORU.

• Upvote 2

BOOM!!....ORU is now on the NCAA D-1 Baseball radar for sure after that CWS appearance....having already picked up portal players from WSU and UT...have to wonder who is next to come to 7777 So. Lewis.....GO BLUE!!! :tb-white:

51 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

BOOM!!....ORU is now on the NCAA D-1 Baseball radar for sure after that CWS appearance....having already picked up portal players from WSU and UT...have to wonder who is next to come to 7777 So. Lewis.....GO BLUE!!! :tb-white:

We also got a transfer from Arizona but you have to read at least 2 threads to keep track of everything. 

Come on people!

• Haha 4

Half expected to find this update in the Prayers for Old Titan thread 🙂

Thanks for all that you do @ORob2

• Haha 1