Summit League Tournament - May 24-27, Fargo

Old Titan

So happy for Jonah. 

The Bunnies just brought in a reliever with a 10.0 era. This game may never end. 

We should all be watching this game in the Grand Slam Club. Paul, are you listening?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OKC Eagle said:

I did not think any were laughable. We were being very aggressive and got caught on sharp hits. 

I will objectively disagree. 

16 minutes ago, OKC Eagle said:

Don’t think we are going to see Cade tonight. 

Well we were wrong. I guess Coach Fulmer just wanted to get him a little work. 

Apparently ORU was fortunate to sneak by the Bunnies 15-2. 

• Haha 2

SIX errors? Yikes

And ORU still left 11 runners on base.

45-11 (25-1 in the Summit).....17 wins in a row.....that's incredible.....tomorrow SDSU vs. NDSU and the winner gets the opportunity to be slaughtered on Saturday afternoon....in fact, even if ORU wins game 1...TheEagleman says.....why not play the second game anyway just for the heck of it?!?!?!?.....Image result for cosmo kramer

Seriuosly resisting the temptation to make the 12-hour drive up to Fargo Friday for championship Saturday.

If ORU gets relegated to some far-off, inaccesible regional, I'm gonna kick myself for not seeing this bunch in person one last time.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

Well we were wrong. I guess Coach Fulmer just wanted to get him a little work. 

I don't think it's about getting "work"; they can throw all they want in the bullpen.

I think it's more likely gaining a familiarity with the goofy mound at Alfred E. Newman Stadium; we've seen players falling off of it all week.  It appears to be a strange height, or landing zone, or something.

This way, if they come into the game late on Saturday in a situation where they are truly needed, they now know what to expect.

• Upvote 2

Regional Hosting Update:  Dallas Baptist defeated Western Kentucky Thursday night and advances to the C-USA semis on Saturday.

14 hours ago, Texasgrip said:

I came here to say the same. 😆

I believe I heard the announcers say that this puts him in a tie with a bunch of others tied at something like 40th place all time (coincidence or did I hear the number wrong?) but one more hit will put him in sixth place all time in consecutive game hitting streak. Anyone else hear that?

49 minutes ago, tmh8286 said:

I believe I heard the announcers say that this puts him in a tie with a bunch of others tied at something like 40th place all time (coincidence or did I hear the number wrong?) but one more hit will put him in sixth place all time in consecutive game hitting streak. Anyone else hear that?

Yes - that is exactly what was said, however, given the source of the information, I think someone should confirm that information.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, dbl78 said:

Yes - that is exactly what was said, however, given the source of the information, I think someone should confirm that information.

Actually I tried, without success. Couldn’t find an exhaustive list for NCAA baseball. Maybe someone else will have greater success. From a practical standpoint, that doesn’t seem like it could be accurate. 

I found this interesting tidbit, that you more baseball savvy people may already know:

“The Division I [consecutive game hitting streak] record is a 58 by Oklahoma State's Robin Ventura in 1987.”

• Like 1

From the 2023 NCAA Baseball record book:  Jonah is currently in a 3-way tie for 10th on the all-time list; 41 games would put him in a tie for 7th.

image.png.bfbbd1eeab4577277f10c1cdfc945a43.png

NOTE:  had the distinct pleasure of watching both Robin Ventura of OSU and Phil Stephenson of Wichita State play ORU during their streaks.  It should be noted that they played during the "live bat" era, where weaker contact could still result in a ball getting safely to the outfield, and well-struck pitches could kill a man at third, first, or pitching (no joke; that's why they deadened 'em).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

From the 2023 NCAA Baseball record book:  Jonah is currently in a 3-way tie for 10th on the all-time list; 41 games would put him in a tie for 7th.

image.png.bfbbd1eeab4577277f10c1cdfc945a43.png

NOTE:  had the distinct pleasure of watching both Robin Ventura of OSU and Phil Stephenson of Wichita State play ORU during their streaks.  It should be noted that they played during the "live bat" era, where weaker contact could still result in a ball getting safely to the outfield, and well-struck pitches could kill a man at third, first, or pitching (no joke; that's why they deadened 'em).

Thanks, OT. If I'm figuring right, and Jonah continues to get hits, he should have opportunity to reach at least 6th place all time this season - but I'm guessing that his streak can carry over into games next season - correct?

15 hours ago, Old Titan said:

I don't think it's about getting "work"; they can throw all they want in the bullpen.

I think it's more likely gaining a familiarity with the goofy mound at Alfred E. Newman Stadium; we've seen players falling off of it all week.  It appears to be a strange height, or landing zone, or something.

This way, if they come into the game late on Saturday in a situation where they are truly needed, they now know what to expect.

Old Titan, I just want to applaud your ability to take virtually any post or comment and find a way to use that to criticize something in the Dakotas.  You have truly developed this into an art form and admire you for it.  Well done sir.  🤣

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2