Summit League Tournament - May 24-27, Fargo

Old Titan

13 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Regional Hosting Update:  Dallas Baptist defeated Western Kentucky Thursday night and advances to the C-USA semis on Saturday.

My first thought was "I installed the DBU baseball app on my smart TV.  I wonder they will carry the game on their app."  Then I saw that the Conference USA tournament is on ESPN+.  What a concept?  A mid major baseball conference on a national platform.   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Other than that (and the fact that apparently they're not allowing fans into the stadium to watch the games), Fargo has been a spectacular host so far. 😉

Well played…

• Thanks 1

Many empty seats last night....TheEagleman counts FOUR fans....what's the problem?....probably the locals all know the expected outcome....😎....Who would you prefer to win tonight?  Does it really matter???? :NDSU::sdsu:

SL vs SDSU

9 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Many empty seats last night....TheEagleman counts FOUR fans....what's the problem?....probably the locals all know the expected outcome....😎....Who would you prefer to win tonight?  Does it really matter???? :NDSU::sdsu:

SL vs SDSU

If those seats were blue, it might be mistaken for a TU basketball game...

• Haha 5

19 hours ago, Elis Flight Crew said:
19 hours ago, OKC Eagle said:

Sing this with me, this is 40!

Happy Birthday Forty GIF

I believe this is more what he had in mind:

• Like 5

The host Bison have really just failed to show up in this tournament...so much for them hosting....it doesn't have to happen ever again....Jacks are pasting NDSU 6-0 in the 7th at this point so it unless there is a wake up call in Fargo it will be an ORU vs. SDSU rematch tomorrow afternoon.....good luck, Jacks....they will need it.....Image result for george costanza

FINAL....Jacks 8  Bison 2....wonder how many fans show up for the title game tomorrow?....Go Blue!!! :shield-logo:

More fans or ORU runs tomorrow?? 🤩

• Haha 2

Such a relief to make it through the entire tournament without having to contend with those rabid Bison baseball fans.  Dodged a real bullet there… 

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Many empty seats last night....TheEagleman counts FOUR fans....what's the problem?

To be fair Eagleman I counted 5. The three guys who appeared to be scouts who were later joined by ORU t-shirt guy who seemed to make friends with a kid in a University of Minnesota sweatshirt around the 7th inning. 

Does it look like tomorrow is going to be a bullpen game for the Bunnies?  It appears they’ve used their three starting pitchers and all of them got a fair amount of work. I looked through the stats for their pitchers with the highest number of innings who haven’t started yet and all them have appearances of only 1-2 innings. 

Driessen seems to be there set up man. He has made two appearances so far in the tournament.  He’s thrown 45 pitches but didn’t pitch Friday.  Perhaps he’s there opener and they see how it goes from there.  

The Golden Eagles surely have the advantage here with Brooks Fowler rested and ready to take the mound.  Our bats have been a little slow to get going in this tournament.  I’d like to see us jump on the Bunnies pitching early and force Captain Hook to make multiple mound visits.  

image.jpeg.f0a720ca7b19786657aa1bce1e0ade0d.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Serious question, although I think I know the answer.  

Is it more difficult for SDSU coaches to attempt to get their team focused by convincing their players that they can win two straight games against a team that defeated them 15-2 less than 48 hours ago…OR…is it more difficult for ORU coaches to convince their players that they can’t take SDSU too lightly or they could lose two straight games to a team that they just defeated 15-2?  

It would be pretty easy for either team to come out flat today, if there wasn’t the carrot of a league championship and NCAA bid on the line. 

This ORU team has been on a mission for the past month or more winning 17 straight games...hard to believe that they would come out flat or not ready to play....on the contrary....TheEagleman expects a well rested and motivated squad to take the field and bury the Jackrabbits today.....SDSU just doesn't have enough pitching and the Good Guys seem to be trying to prove a point this month.....unless some sort of strange events occur today ORU should be sitting in front of the TVs at Mabee Center on Monday watching the Selection Show.......Best ORU Baseball team that TheEagleman has seen since 2006.....GO BLUE!!! :tb-white:

• Like 4

Both the Jackrabbits and Aztecs might be surprised to see that, according to ESPN, San Diego State will be facing ORU in the Summit League Finals today in Fargo, ND.

image.thumb.png.03b30d9223547d035d69f8745f17c578.png

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, ORUJason said:

Both the Jackrabbits and Aztecs might be surprised to see that, according to ESPN, San Diego State will be facing ORU in the Summit League Finals today in Fargo, ND.

image.thumb.png.03b30d9223547d035d69f8745f17c578.png

That's one nice thing about being ORU:  no confusion with anybody else.

Tulsa has it hard; sometimes confused with Temple and even on occasion with Texas and Tennessee.

(Reminds me of some of the 17-year-old recruits who make their splashy college commitments on social media by saying goofy things like, "I'm taking my talents to the University of Michigan State".)