Pablo Navarro

Old Titan

6 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

Titan fans from my generation will understand this reference:  Lance Williams 2.0

• Like 2

You guys are on it this morning! It has been kind of slow on the basketball side so good to hear of ORU signing Navarro.  He looks like he has a solid all around game: scoring inside and out, some defensive ability, and good length on the wing.  I also liked his pump fakes and underhand scoop shots at the basket.  That is even a little old school!

He will probably need time to develop but could be a good glue type player in the future aka Carlos Jurgens Jr.  For you ORU history buffs: when was the last time the Eagles had a guy from Spain on the team?  I have no idea maybe it is a first?

Was Javier nassier a Spaniard? Only played 1 year at ORU as I recall.

I can't recall ORU ever having a Spaniard on the team. 

I will say this:  from what I've seen at the college, professional, and international level, the next time I see a Spaniard play defense will be the first. 😬

LOL - PROVE ME WRONG, PABLO!!  #ValuableDefensiveAttributes

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

I can't recall ORU ever having a Spaniard on the team. 

I will say this:  from what I've seen at the college, professional, and international level, the next time I see a Spaniard play defense will be the first. 😬

LOL - PROVE ME WRONG, PABLO!!  #ValuableDefensiveAttributes

https://oruathletics.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/javier-nasarre/856

I butchered his name and he played for ORU for two years behind DBH, Roundtree, and Craion but Javier was a Spaniard!

• Upvote 3

Image result for princess bride  TheEagleman thinks this Spaniard may have played at ORU briefly while searching for the 6 fingered man.....😉

• Haha 5

Navarro and Williams on the wings

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

Just in those video clips Navarro's on ball defense doesn't look too bad to me (obviously we all know how YouTube clips of players can be misleading 😄)

38 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

Navarro and Williams on the wings

Just in those video clips Navarro's on ball defense doesn't look too bad to me (obviously we all know how YouTube clips of players can be misleading 😄)

Hope he proves me wrong!  Appears he's only 17 or 18 years old (born in 2005), so plenty of time to work on those defensive skills.  Also assuming he will be classified as a freshman.

20 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Hope he proves me wrong!  Appears he's only 17 or 18 years old (born in 2005), so plenty of time to work on those defensive skills.  Also assuming he will be classified as a freshman.

They may want to check his birth certificate as he looks like he is 25 or 26!:) If he turns out to be a Lance Williams clone that would be a very good thing for ORU! Nice pickup for next year. 

• Haha 1

not a whole lot of offers....perhaps the ACL hampered his recruitment

coming off injury and adjusting to ball in the US, he might be a redshirt candidate. 

intriguing prospect

• 3 months later...

He's missed all the summer workouts and practices.  Unless he is well-advanced in his development, we should not be surprised to see Pablo redshirted which will allow him to get acclimated to his new surroundings.

• Upvote 1

It's clearly a slow sports time at ORU when we are closely monitoring the movements of Pablo Navarro.......😛

• Haha 5

On 8/21/2023 at 10:30 AM, theeagleman5 said:

It's clearly a slow sports time at ORU when we are closely monitoring the movements of Pablo Navarro.......😛

Slow Down Eating GIF by Carnival Cruise Line

As the song goes…….take it slow.. 😂😉