Dreaming Baseball

dave

I know its early Sunday morning and I am still asleep and having a dream, but somehow you all are part of it. I am dreaming of a pre-conference baseball tournament of epic proportions between ORU, OSU, OU and a rotating fourth team such ad Wichita State, DBU or Missouri State to be played at each team's home field every four years or possibly at Driller's (are they still called the Drillers) stadium. They already play each other anyway and could even work out another game during the OOC schedule. I know, its a crazy dream, but could you imagine the hype and possible TV attention. Anyone want to dream along. Hey, "Expect a miracle." Right?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

It is quite a dream Dave and would love to see something like that but I think some of your particulars would need to be tweaked.

Re:  OU, OSU, etc. your issue is a showcase featuring the SEC and the Big XII that Globe Life Field has hosted for the last 3 years in mid February.  It is a 6 team round robin over three days.  Certainly more panache for these teams than what you are proposing and league contracts may a) prevent those schools from committing to your event and b) make scheduling difficult if not impossible to do both events.

Regarding DBU, I think the home and home we have with DBU is more valuable to ORU than your event.  It is a pretty big deal, in my opinion, to get a team of DBUs national stature to play a 3 game series at JLJ every other year.  I could be wrong about that and, if I am, I am confident someone will let me know.

I love the idea but we may have to set our sights a little lower with teams from higher tier mid-major leagues i.e. more schools like Wichita St and Missouri St.

• Upvote 1

Agreed. Thanks for indulging the dream. I'm awake now. 

9 minutes ago, dave said:

Agreed. Thanks for indulging the dream. I'm awake now. 

Two observations:

1) Dreams are nearly always nonsensical, and more fun than realistic. Perhaps yours fits the norm. 😴😉

2) Leave it to Otis 83 to throw cold water in your sleeping face and put an end to a perfectly delightful chimera!🥱

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, tmh8286 said:

2) Leave it to Otis 83 to throw cold water in your sleeping face and put an end to a perfectly delightful chimera!🥱

@tmh8286 I'm just trying to stay "on brand."

• Like 1