Western Illinois Leaving Summit for OVC

TrueBlue82

18 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Ya'll flap your mouths a lot for how little you know what you're talking about and for having so little to offer.

My favorite post of the day!!😆

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, timt89 said:

As a DU fan, I have witnessed the UND aggression many times. As outlier schools in a conference that caters to the Dakotas schools, Sanford Health and MIDCO Sports, it is a double-edged sword. Yes, they all are central to the current success of the conference as well as stability but it makes it very difficult for other schools to want to remain in the conference. Even UMKC and Omaha jumped at the chance to interview with the Missouri Valley Conference. Why? Because, frankly, it is a conference of convenience for non-Dakotas schools. While the rest of us come and go, the Dakotas schools remain central to the survival of the Summit League. 

BTW, this is a fantastic discussion board. I go here many times to learn about what is happening in the Summit League. I love the passion and interest in ORU sports. 

Keep it up!

well done good job GIF by America's Got Talent

Thank You & Well said!

• 5 weeks later...

Adios, Leathernecks!  Hope that the OVC brings you better luck than you were able to generate in the Mid-Continent / Summit League.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/30/2023 at 9:40 PM, Bogus Smith said:

Adios, Leathernecks!  Hope that the OVC brings you better luck than you were able to generate in the Mid-Continent / Summit League.

At least they made a lasting impression given that one of the league awards is named after one of their former ADs.

Edited by Elis Flight Crew

• 3 months later...
On 6/1/2023 at 9:22 AM, timt89 said:

As a DU fan, I have witnessed the UND aggression many times. As outlier schools in a conference that caters to the Dakotas schools, Sanford Health and MIDCO Sports, it is a double-edged sword. Yes, they all are central to the current success of the conference as well as stability but it makes it very difficult for other schools to want to remain in the conference. Even UMKC and Omaha jumped at the chance to interview with the Missouri Valley Conference. Why? Because, frankly, it is a conference of convenience for non-Dakotas schools. While the rest of us come and go, the Dakotas schools remain central to the survival of the Summit League. 

BTW, this is a fantastic discussion board. I go here many times to learn about what is happening in the Summit League. I love the passion and interest in ORU sports. 

Keep it up!

I made one post that was aggressive.  But it was accurate.  I've done nothing but contribute and provide info on this message board.  Look at my posting history.  For example.