ORU at Wichita State

theeagleman5

16th ranked ORU heading up north to Wichita tonight for a rematch with the 27-19 Shockers....ORU now 36-11 and a victory tonight would be huge for our hopes to earn a #3 seed should we qualify for the NCAA Tournament. TheEagleman feels that the Good Guys really need to run the table if they want to be anything but a #4 in the regionals. Looks like it's nice and warm in the midwest this week so it should be a great evening for baseball....GO BLUE!!! :shield-logo:

It seems the most members of the Forum Senior class created new posts to either ones I created or posted lots. I feel the love 😂🚨🫣

2 hours ago, ORUFanbase said:

It seems the most members of the Forum Senior class created new posts to either ones I created or posted lots. I feel the love 😂🚨🫣

I didn't see another thread for this game...?

Good guys holding on up 4-1 in the B9! Nice insurance run in the top of the frame to give Denton a little breathing room to close it out...

Good Guys up 4-1 on the 9th...need three more outs to finish off the Shockers...Did Paul Mills throw our the first ball??? :hc_mills:

• Haha 1

C. Denton with the save! Make that 9 in a row for the good guys! 

Final: ORU 4 - 1 WSU   #GOBLUE

• Like 1

Solid, solid performance as the Golden Eagles break out their brooms one more time, completing the 3-game season sweep of the Shockers. 

Jonah Cox extends his hitting streak to 32 games, Matt Hogan triples Cox in from first on the big hit of the game, and Cade Denton looked like himself again in slamming the door in the ninth. 

Note:  the Wichita State announcer on the ESPN+ broadcast was a real pro, and glowing in his praise of the Golden Eagles from the first pitch to the last out. He even ended the broadcast by naming Jonah Cox the Player of the Game. 

Great night in Wichita!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

That's a big time win for ORU....just huge to get to 37-11.....TheEagleman is impressed as this team just chugs along and finds a way to win....Denton gets the final 3 outs on the road.....bring on So. Indiana!!   :tb-blue:

3 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Note:  the Wichita State announcer on the ESPN+ broadcast was a real pro, and glowing in his praise of the Golden Eagles from the first pitch to the last out. He even ended the broadcast by naming Jonah Cox the Player of the Game. 

I agree. He was very complimentary from the beginning. He had obviously prepared well and had some great insight to the history of both teams.

18 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Good Guys up 4-1 on the 9th...need three more outs to finish off the Shockers...Did Paul Mills throw our the first ball??? :hc_mills:

tobey maguire GIF

nah nah, nah nah, hey hey hey..Goodbye 😂

This was a NCAA regional type game, with excellent pitching on both sides, some timely hitting, and some stellar defense (from ORU).  WSU started their normal Sunday starter, who owns an ERA in the Top 50 in the country. ORU’s pitching held the Shockers offense (also Top 50 in the NCAA) to three hits, all by their lead-off hitter.  This will hopefully be good prep for the Summit and NCAA tournaments. 

• Upvote 6

33 minutes ago, Texasgrip said:

I didn't see another thread for this game...?

Good guys holding on up 4-1 in the B9! Nice insurance run in the top of the frame to give Denton a little breathing room to close it out...

Jerry Seinfeld Agree GIF

Right……. No other thread…..😂😂😂

Good guys win!

38 minutes ago, ORUFanbase said:

Jerry Seinfeld Agree GIF

Right……. No other thread…..😂😂😂

Not being facetious...just don't see it.

Screenshot 2023-05-09 at 10.16.11 PM.png

13 minutes ago, Texasgrip said:

Not being facetious...just don't see it.

Screenshot 2023-05-09 at 10.16.11 PM.png

It’s further down but all good. This is a good chat here. 

2 minutes ago, ORUFanbase said:

It’s further down but all good. This is a good chat here. 

I do see the thread you started from the last time we played Wichita State. Is that what you are referring to?

9 hours ago, Texasgrip said:

I do see the thread you started from the last time we played Wichita State. Is that what you are referring to?

Yes and all good. Now it’s on to the final home game series for the good guys.