OSU at ORU

Otis 83

The Cowboys have been kind enough to give the Golden Eagles another opportunity at a quad 1 win this Tuesday at JLJ.  6:00 PM first pitch with post game fireworks to follow the contest.  The Cowboys are 30-13 on the season and come into this game on a bit of hot streak having won 7 in a row including two road wins over the weekend at Michigan (Friday's game was rained out).  OSU is ranked #20 in the Baseball America Top 25 and considered by some to be a strong candidate to make it to Omaha.

The Cowboys were in good spirits last night at DFW airport around 10:00 and, one would imagine, looking forward to getting some payback from the Golden Eagles victory in Stillwater earlier this year.  A great opportunity for the Golden Eagles to add another quality win to the resume.

38 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

The Cowboys have been kind enough to give the Golden Eagles another opportunity at a quad 1 win this Tuesday at JLJ.  6:00 PM first pitch with post game fireworks to follow the contest.  The Cowboys are 30-13 on the season and come into this game on a bit of hot streak having won 7 in a row including two road wins over the weekend at Michigan (Friday's game was rained out).  OSU is ranked #20 in the Baseball America Top 25 and considered by some to be a strong candidate to make it to Omaha.

The Cowboys were in good spirits last night at DFW airport around 10:00 and, one would imagine, looking forward to getting some payback from the Golden Eagles victory in Stillwater earlier this year.  A great opportunity for the Golden Eagles to add another quality win to the resume.

A win/win situation for the Golden Eagles Tuesday night:  a victory helps ORU's chance for an NCAA regional 3-seed; an OSU win puts the Cowboys one step closer to hosting a regional that would hopefully include ORU (as opposed to ORU taking another trip to face those godless Razorbacks in Fayetteville).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

A perfect description of the Razorbacks and their fans......godless......Image result for satan photos

2 hours ago, Old Titan said:

A win/win situation for the Golden Eagles Tuesday night:  a victory helps ORU's chance for an NCAA regional 3-seed; an OSU win puts the Cowboys one step closer to hosting a regional that would hopefully include ORU (as opposed to ORU taking another trip to face those godless Razorbacks in Fayetteville).

It would be an easy drive for me but who cares 😂

Should be a GLORIOUS night to get some Pokes at JLJ. We need to swing early and often and put the Cowboys on their heels. 

IMG_3828.jpeg

• Like 1

A perfect night for some fireworks in the air and on the field....GO BLUE.....   :shield-logo:  vs.  Image result for oklahoma state logos

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Texasgrip said:

Should be a GLORIOUS night to get some Pokes at JLJ. We need to swing early and often and put the Cowboys on their heels. 

IMG_3828.jpeg

I remember those wind gusts well!  Hopefully the gusts are blowing out when we are batting and in when the Pokes are at the plate!

• Like 1

Got this text from my best friend from HS who is a rabid Pokes fan. 

OSU is 5-12 against ORU under Josh Holliday. His overall win percentage is .651 (385-206). Why do we play you guys? 🤷🏻‍♂️

I responded

Because you’re good people and you love your neighbor. Not all of your neighbors but this particular neighbor. 

• Like 3

For some reason over the past decade ORU has played really well vs. OSU.....and even prior to that as we do lead the overall series 40-37.....not bad vs. a perennial Top 25 team....I would expect a lot of action/fireworks tonight and hopefully most of that from the ORU bats....and Coach Folmar is an ex-Poke, right??....with a clear night and 70 degree temps one would think a near sellout crowd will be in attendence....oh, how TheEagleman wishes he could be there but i will try to watch some of it on line....GO BLUE!!! :tb-white:

29 minutes ago, OKC Eagle said:

Who is going tonight?  I will be there with my dad.

I'll be in either Ben & Jerry Ahumada's box seats behind home plate, or in my real seats about 7 rows up on the aisle leading to the press box. 

No photos, autographs, or pig's blood please. 😎

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

I'll be in either Ben & Jerry Ahumada's box seats behind home plate, or in my real seats about 7 rows up on the aisle leading to the press box. 

No photos, autographs, or pig's blood please. 😎

Is that the same Jerry Ahumada that was on the team when we were in school?

1 hour ago, OKC Eagle said:

Who is going tonight?  I will be there with my dad.

Had well-intentioned plans to be there until I got a text reminder about worship practice tonight for service this Sunday. DOH! #GOBLUE

• Like 1

Geez, Grip....where are you priorities?!?!?!?!....Church over Baseball?!?!?!.....well.....you are a better man than TheEagleman.....Image result for cosmo kramer

would like to see the gold seats in JLJ go the way of the gold Mabee Center seats

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Texasgrip said:

Had well-intentioned plans to be there until I got a text reminder about worship practice tonight for service this Sunday. DOH! #GOBLUE

Nice! I also play on my church’s worship team. Keys or drums?

Yes Sir!!!!!

Just 3 more outs.....McMurray with a 3 run bomb in the 7th and ORU has rallied from a 5-0 deficit to lead 7-5.....will Cade be coming in to finish it up?....:shield-logo: