Bill Haisten: Rick Dickson’s TU successor – ORU’s Tim Johnson has to get the first call

Bogus Smith

We need Bernis Duke.....Dig 'em up!! Image result for bernis duke oru tennis  God I loved that man.....😍

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Otis 83 said:

I took as many PE classes with Coach Duke as I could.  Took his badminton class and he taught me how to play pickleball instead!  That's right, 1983 and we're playing pickleball.  The man was a visionary.  Well because I played pickleball all semester I bombed the badminton skills test at the end.  On the last day of class Coach Duke handed us 3x5 cards with our grades on them and said "if you think there's something I should consider let me know on this card."  So I wrote "Coach Duke, I bombed the skills test because I was your pickleball partner all semester and I never played badminton."  Got an A in that class.  He was the best.

@Otis 83 if there was a pickleball tournament at ORU would you consider playing?

How about an alumni pickleball tournament to raise funds for the NIL?

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Sterns78 said:

Don't make me embarrass you guys.  🤣

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Otis 83 said:

I took as many PE classes with Coach Duke as I could.  Took his badminton class and he taught me how to play pickleball instead!  That's right, 1983 and we're playing pickleball.  The man was a visionary.  Well because I played pickleball all semester I bombed the badminton skills test at the end.  On the last day of class Coach Duke handed us 3x5 cards with our grades on them and said "if you think there's something I should consider let me know on this card."  So I wrote "Coach Duke, I bombed the skills test because I was your pickleball partner all semester and I never played badminton."  Got an A in that class.  He was the best.

Badminton class with Coach Duke was the best. Introduced me to maybe the most misunderstood sports. Such a fast paced and reflexive game.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Texasgrip said:

Don't make me embarrass you guys.  🤣

There could be a pickleball game this year on campus from what I have been told. 

11 hours ago, Sterns78 said:

I'm assuming the fund raising would be from alumni paying to play in the tournament rather than the general public paying to watch alumni play.  Just checking.

@Old Titansurely you are impressed with how we collectively have run this thread into a pickleball rabbit hole!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Otis 83 said:

Old Titan, surely you are impressed with how we collectively have run this thread into a pickleball rabbit hole!

I resisted the temptation to mention that very fact last night.

Worst.

Ditch.

Dive.

EHHHHH-VERRRRR...

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

I resisted the temptation to mention that very fact last night.

Worst.

Ditch.

Dive.

EHHHHH-VERRRRR...

That’s high praise. There’s a lot of competition for that honor. 🤣

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1