USI @ ORU

ORUSwagger

USI (Southern Indiana) will play ORUBase for the first time in program history.

1. Friday (5/12) - $1 HotDogs
  2. Saturday (5/13) - Bark in the Park
  3. Sunday (5/14) - Senior Day/ Mothers Day/Kids run the bases

Game times:

1. Friday @ 6:00 PM
  2. Saturday @ 2:00 PM
  3. Sunday @ 1:00 PM

Last Home game series of the year for the 2023 season.

35 minutes ago, OKC Eagle said:

Maybe its not AI.  AI would not likely be concerned about starting 90% of the new topics.

Ohhh…..😂😂😂😂

When you joined this forum years ago, did you get on to OT and others that started most of the chats or so you just feel good picking on me?

@Otis 83 & you need to start a ORUFanbase club and I can make your officers. Or you can ignore me since there is an ignored user tab.

Keep in mind this forum is opinionated base so don’t lose sleep over my involvement. It will be ok. 

19 minutes ago, OKC Eagle said:

We welcome all fans and I think this board is different in that, although there is plenty of good-natured ribbing, there is a noticeable lack of animosity--and I think we all like it that way (this is the only board I participate in).

Robot, just don't try so hard.  Respect on this board comes from insight and content, not numbers.  Too many posts dilute the good ones.  You have many good things to say, but sometimes they get lost in all the noise of pictures, emojis, and otherwise content-light posts.   Really, I think several of us are trying to help, and are not picking on you.

That’s fair and understood. Can’t argue with your points there. Thank You.

• Upvote 4

I guess, as usual, I'm in the minority. I kinda like the new guy/robot. He doesn't take himself too seriously and seems to be very good natured. 

One might equate it to different parts of the body and different functions. Could almost draw a scriptural parallel for such a concept. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I better refresh this post so no one dares start a new one.  From ORU:

The team is now up to 16th in the latest national rankings and return back to J.L. Johnson Stadium this weekend. It is the final 3 home games and see attached for the promotions. A couple things to highlight:

-          Friday = $1 hot dogs and free Bud Light

-          Saturday = Graduation ceremony for those receiving degrees à this will take place prior to the game. Don’t forget it’s “Bark in the Park” so please bring your four legged friends out to the stadium

-          Sunday = Senior Day and Mother’s Day à we will honor our seniors postgame

OK, so I made up the Friday thing.

• Haha 5

TheEagleman thinks Jesus would be OK with a few Bud Lights.....remember... HEgetsus.....Image result for Jesus the Chosen

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, OKC Eagle said:

Thought I better refresh this post so no one dares start a new one.  From ORU:

The team is now up to 16th in the latest national rankings and return back to J.L. Johnson Stadium this weekend. It is the final 3 home games and see attached for the promotions. A couple things to highlight:

-          Friday = $1 hot dogs and free Bud Light

-          Saturday = Graduation ceremony for those receiving degrees à this will take place prior to the game. Don’t forget it’s “Bark in the Park” so please bring your four legged friends out to the stadium

-          Sunday = Senior Day and Mother’s Day à we will honor our seniors postgame

OK, so I made up the Friday thing.

You are a saint and I send an air hug 🙌😂

Will GT Bynum be handing out the Bud Lights? 😂😂😂

TheEagleman had to look these guys up as I have never heard of So. Indiana...and they are actually SIU not USI...so if you are going to start a thread....well, at least let's get the school name correctly....lol......SIU are also the Eagles but the SCREAMING Eagles.....and guessing these guys will endure a lot of torture over this upcoming weekend at JLJ....SIU is 15-32 and on a 5 game losing streak....part of the OVC which isn't awful.....Good Guys should get a nice warm up for the final Summit League weekend as long as the weather cooperates...temps appear to be in the 80s but there is potential rain each day in So. Tulsa.....Senior Day on Sunday.....Dollar Dogs on Friday?......should be lots of fun for the Golden Eagles....hoping that Grip, OKCEagle, Old Titan and Bogus will post some pics.....GO BLUE!!! :tb-white:

26 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

TheEagleman had to look these guys up as I have never heard of So. Indiana...and they are actually SIU not USI...so if you are going to start a thread....well, at least let's get the school name correctly....lol......SIU are also the Eagles but the SCREAMING Eagles.....and guessing these guys will endure a lot of torture over this upcoming weekend at JLJ....SIU is 15-32 and on a 5 game losing streak....part of the OVC which isn't awful.....Good Guys should get a nice warm up for the final Summit League weekend as long as the weather cooperates...temps appear to be in the 80s but there is potential rain each day in So. Tulsa.....Senior Day on Sunday.....Dollar Dogs on Friday?......should be lots of fun for the Golden Eagles....hoping that Grip, OKCEagle, Old Titan and Bogus will post some pics.....GO BLUE!!! :tb-white:

Thank You @theeagleman5.

Iron sharpens Iron they say…..

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

Eagleman - I think you got this one wrong - our friend FanBase is correct - they do go by USI Baseball and their twitter account is @USI Baseball.

SIU typically refers to Southern Illinois University, where one of your favorite ex-ORU coaches formerly was the head basketball coach.

HAHAHA!...I was on the So. Indiana website and they referred to themselves as SIU but if I am wrong then i apologize to ORUFANBASE.....very familiar with the real SIU and our friend Barry Hinson.....what's he doing these days?  Serving lunch in the OSU Athletic Dorm?   No surprise that the guy hasn't had another head coaching gig since he flamed out with the Salukis.....but I digress....I am sure he's a nice guy.....back to some baseball now....the Screaming Eagles seem to score a lot of runs...but they tend to give up even more....so could be a lot of high scoring games at JLJ this weekend.....GO BLUE!!! :oru:

• Like 1

Game Day!!! 

Apparently they don’t know ORUBase has its own Twitter handle. Oh well minor details 😂😂😂

TheEagleman will set the O/U on the # of total runs scored by ORU this weekend vs. So. Indiana at 41.5.......Image result for oral roberts  baseball home run photos