Kelly Hines/Tulsa World announcement

Old Titan

I find this bothersome from the standpoint that Tulsa World ownership sees fit once again to replace local sportswriting insight with more columns of national drivel, such as NFL and NBA news.

Let's be respectful of Kelly at this time and hopeful that she lands on her feet - not a great time to be looking for work in an industry that's in such a downward spiral.

• Upvote 2

Ahhhhhhhhh.....TheEagleman is deeply saddened....Kelly has a ton of talent.....Image result for cosmo kramer back scratching pics

• Haha 1

That is horrible news. I agree with you, OT, that the Tulsa World is not doing itself any favors when it lays off staffers who--whether you like what they write or not--have worked hard and given their all to the job they were hired to do. Every time I get my copy of the World, I'm sad to see what it has become. Yes, the industry is in trouble, but I still wish they could find a way to keep elements that we love and need.

that's tough after 15 years....all the best

w/the declining state of print media in a digital world as OT mentioned, gotta think she's been planning for this probability/likelihood

15 years and POOF!?!?!?!?......that's just not right....but this is the world we live in and the state of print media all over....hopefully she can hook on somewhere....Wichita Eagle???....best wishes to Kelly!!! 😍

Most radio and local television stations have only part-time people.

It is a different world!